• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Spurs: EFL Cup 3rd Rd - Bah Lost on Penalties Verdict Thread

Oh gimme a break 😅

The majority of extreme comments come the other way; Adama gets called out literally every game as a problem player, even if four or five others are stinking the place out.

It's not 'trying something different' to remove our biggest chance creating wide forward. Adama and Podence will do for me. Let Trincao earn his place.

Oh gimme a break 😅

The majority of extreme comments come the other way; Adama gets called out literally every game as a problem player, even if four or five others are stinking the place out.

It's not 'trying something different' to remove our biggest chance creating wide forward. Adama and Podence will do for me. Let Trincao earn his place.
It's two sides to the same coin though, we say Adamas spannered another one clean over the penalty area, you say why wasn't a forward there waiting for it, I am ambivalent about him, I agree he's one of the most exciting players ever and when he skins someone you do get the hairs on your neck stand up, but I'm afraid that if you cannot see the frailties in his game then you are myopic at best

Oh gimme a break 😅

Your comment was ott imo, there are maybe 2 or 3 people on here who would 'jettison' Traore, the rest of us accept his drawbacks and enjoy his good bits while being exasperated by him at times. We've scored 2 goals in 450 minutes football, while at the same time playing some of the most expansive football in years.. something isn't quite jelling yet, so not starting Traore in one game would not be dumping him. I'm not saying it would make a difference but you have to start somewhere. For me, I would bring Podence in for him. You can still bring Adama on if its not working.

It's two sides to the same coin though, we say Adamas spannered another one clean over the penalty area, you say why wasn't a forward there waiting for it, I am ambivalent about him, I agree he's one of the most exciting players ever and when he skins someone you do get the hairs on your neck stand up, but I'm afraid that if you cannot see the frailties in his game then you are myopic at best

Talking of extreme comments (and putting words into people's mouths), when have I defended him spannering the ball when crossing or been blind to the frailties in his game?

I just try and offer balance; he does spanner the ball, but he also does create chances that others don't make the most of. That's on other players and (successive) managers too. There was at least one peach of a cross in the second half on Wednesday, and one lovely, intelligent dink into Moutinho in the box, neither seemed to get much mention.

Do you think there are no frailties in the other wide forwards games? Or most of our players games? Adama is frustrating. So is Neves! So was Neto!

I always hear how Nuno had a lot of credit in the bank, doesn't Adama have some? He played a prominent role in our success the season before Covid, it's hardly mentioned on here (unless I'm banging on about it)

Your comment was ott imo, there are maybe 2 or 3 people on here who would 'jettison' Traore, the rest of us accept his drawbacks and enjoy his good bits while being exasperated by him at times. We've scored 2 goals in 450 minutes football, while at the same time playing some of the most expansive football in years.. something isn't quite jelling yet, so not starting Traore in one game would not be dumping him. I'm not saying it would make a difference but you have to start somewhere. For me, I would bring Podence in for him. You can still bring Adama on if its not working.
Why when we are struggling to score goals would we drop our second most creative player?

Yes but the thing is I have watched every minute of every game and he really isn't creating loads of great chances.

I don't care what that sheet says.

He just hasn't though, has he.

Raul hasn't "created 15 chances", that's not me calling him all the cunts under the sun, it's just bollocks.

It's nonsense. Unaccredited nonsense at that.

Raul has not created 15 chances. Adama has not created 12, unless we're just counting every cross. Neither have created very much at all.

I'm not interested, I've watched the games, I was there, I know what happened.

Adama hasn't played badly overall (he was awful on Wednesday) but he has not been a creative force, it just hasn't happened.

I'm not interested, I've watched the games, I was there, I know what happened.

Adama hasn't played badly overall (he was awful on Wednesday) but he has not been a creative force, it just hasn't happened.
And i've watched every game too and totally disagree with you, but the difference being i have the sources (aka facts) to back me up.

But we'll leave it at that before I start banging my head against a wall.

The key question is, who's banging at the door to displace a player who's proven to be successful for us at PL level?

Trincao? Same amount of PL assists and goals as Adama this season.

Hwang? We've seen good and bad from him, will definitely be a squad asset but looks better centrally imo.

Podence? Yep, definitely deserves a start right now (although he's had his fair share of being ineffective and frustrating in the recent past). But we have two wide spots, so why not him and Adama?

There are highlights in the Fixtures thread for every game for exactly this reason.

Back