• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Villa

With respect, his use to the team as been questioned for years irrespective of the position he's been asked to play in.

There is a reason for that Trev. One question I'm curious to ask is, 'Would people be happy to see Sako replaced with Dave Edwards?'

I'm not partcularly defending him just telling it as it is, although i've always had a soft spot for a scapegoat. :icon_wink:

I was referring to last night. I personally don't think Edwards is good enough to start for our first choice 11 in any position in any formation. He is a good option to have from the bench or to cover injuries.

There's no chance he's gonna be used as a replacement for Sako, when the real stuff starts, he will, as has been suggested, spend most of his time on the bench.

Interesting game. I think there's a lot of fans still expecting a traditional line up with "wingers" whereas that's clearly not the case going on yesterday. I liked the fluidity at times, but clearly a work in progress.

I thought Iorfa was really poor myself. He kept going though and got his reward.

Coady mom by a mile for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody is knocking his effort, what they are doing is questioning his use to the team as a left winger

We didn't use him as a left winger. We didn't play with wingers per se. He's not a Sako replacement in that team.

I was going based on what Spiers said, which was it was a standard 442

I see that nearly all of the team are having to wear black t-shirts underneath their Wolves shirts to hide the ridiculous cleavage revealing neckline.

A good result and workout. Jackett said afterwards that he wants new additions but no signings are imminent.

I see that nearly all of the team are having to wear black t-shirts underneath their Wolves shirts to hide the ridiculous cleavage revealing neckline.

A good result and workout. Jackett said afterwards that he wants new additions but no signings are imminent.

Funny you should say that, i was toying with having the away shirt for my Birthday next week as i hate the neck on the home shirt but the Missus said it wasnt't right as i'd always had the home shirt.
I decided to have the home shirt and wear a t-shirt underneath.

He delivers goals from midfield???? If he delivers 7,8,9 goals from midfield along with Afobe and Dickos contribution you cant knock him. Swapping him with one of them is obviously not the answer is it. And if making late runs into the box to get into the scoring positions he does isnt creating chances.........
Im not a massive fan of his either but whatever people think of him you can't knock his effort and goals.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 goals last year. For someone who's contribution is entirely goals (and running around a lot), it's not good enough to justify his place.

Yet it's more than any other midfielder and you have no proof that we'd score more if someone else was playing instead.

Saw the goals on SSN this morning in much better quality (HD too). Although I'd be livid if we'd conceded in such a fashion, I loved our 2nd goal. Great stuff from Coady, Dicko and a typical Afobe finish. Quick, incisive and dangerous.

Friendlies obviously mean nothing but I liked the look of Coady at Burton too. Early days though.

Whoa there Mr Bear - you're not allowed to get carried away with positivity during pre season. Only the opposite applies.

Yet it's more than any other midfielder and you have no proof that we'd score more if someone else was playing instead.

Sako got 14 from the same position last season.

Spiers is wrong imo

I only watched the stream and it looked like a narrow 4-4-2 to me with Edwards very narrow (Henry less so) and Dicko pulling out left when needed. The second goal showed that when central Dicko and Afobe are far better. The system just didn't work as the gaps down the left exposed poor Golbourne time after time and he had nobody to pass to either. Only a friendly but this didn't work.

I was impressed with Coady also, less so with McD who looked a little withdrawn and frustrated he couldn't pass to anybody on the left.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport.../07/29/wolves-v-villa-five-things-we-learned/

Rare praise for an E&S article here. I agree with pretty much all of that, though I thought Hause started off looking decidedly dodgy. But the same could be said of most players in a gold shirt.

I'm finding Spiers' reporting is a refreshing upgrade from Tim Mk I.

A quick word on something I noticed about Edwards - his anticipation to be first to the rebound when he couldn't convert from a narrow angle was good to see. He reacted far quicker than anyone else around him. He's still as suited to playing on the left as Stephen Hawking is to synchronised swimming and I'm not advocating starting him but he was getting into decent positions as the 2nd half progressed.

I only watched the stream and it looked like a narrow 4-4-2 to me with Edwards very narrow (Henry less so) and Dicko pulling out left when needed. The second goal showed that when central Dicko and Afobe are far better. The system just didn't work as the gaps down the left exposed poor Golbourne time after time and he had nobody to pass to either. Only a friendly but this didn't work.

I was impressed with Coady also, less so with McD who looked a little withdrawn and frustrated he couldn't pass to anybody on the left.

Agree with pretty much all of this. I thought K-Mac played some lovely passes however. One in particular an outside right footed pass which curled around the left back to, I think, Henry in the second half.

Hause's passing is better than Batth but he gets caught slightly high up the pitch, or flat footed, when the ball is in the air. I remember EEL looking similar when he first played for us so I think that's an experience thing. Golbourne had a stinker but I can't pass the blame entirely on him.

Back