• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Villa

From those highlights, it looked like they filled the SB and lower quadrant. How many does the lower quadrant hold? Just checke again, there were some in the top quadrant too. Maybe closer to 4000? Still a good effort by both sets of fans.

Thanks Deutsch. I can remember 1800 being mentioned by someone on another forum. I would love to find out exactly how many the upper and lower quadrants hold.

Away fans are normally housed on one side of the new Stan Cullis Stand, where around 1,600 fans can be accommodated. Fans are housed in both the upper and lower tiers, although tickets for the upper sections are sold first. For games where there is a larger away following, then the away fans are not given an 'end' as such, but are instead housed in the lower tier of the Steve Bull Stand along the side of the pitch. Up to 2,750 away supporters can be housed in this area. Fans in this stand are sat quite far back from the playing area, which gives the illusion that the pitch is larger than at most other grounds.

I don't know accurate this link is. If it is correct, I think 3700 would be closer to the mark.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/...olineux-wolverhampton-wanderers.html#awhat-is

Though that'd be a help if Gestede signs for Villa before the 8th

I thought Stears got the ball personally. He got himself into a shit position and Gabby roasted him for pace but he just got a toe on it. Perhaps, it being a friendly, Stearman shouldn't have attempted the tackle but the game just wasn't being played that way.

Stearman's performance in general was a cause for concern IMO. I haven't seen him have a game that bad for a while.

Agbonlahor needs to get a grip. Replays showed Stears didn't quite get a toe to it, but wasn't far off. Either way, was hardly some crunching, hefty tackle.

Maybe Gabby should have sat on the bench if he didn't want to risk getting hurt. Or better yet, not even have got out of bed. Could have been hit by a car on the way to Molineux!

Back