• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 3 Leeds United

We were doing well and could have scored 2 or 3, but as soon as they changed their tactics we shit the bed and should have made changes earlier. But that has been the same for some time now, in many games he makes ineffectual changes way too late and his obsession with 4-5-1 with Dave Edwards in the hole is ridiculous. Surely he can see it's not working, so surely any sane man would try to change something, anything.

that also true, we were asking for it at HT, not after they have scored again

I was one of the early adopters of the KJ Out brand, and although I still feel he needs to go ASAP, tonight seems to have been down to Ebanks-Landell's continued regression. When he came into the team briefly last season I thought he was set to grow into a very strong defender if not a very good ball player. Unfortunately he's making goal-conceding mistakes weekly, sometimes more than once in a match (as tonight).

Batth also has a lot to answer for, he's supposed to be the leader on the pitch and he's seemingly done nothing to help EEL on any occasion.

as i said in the match thread, i miss experience at the back(not like Gorkss) but a Craddock leader type

. Surely he can see it's not working, so surely any sane man would try to change something, anything.

KJ just seems like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment - not sure that there's any rational plan any more

Just having Hause back will improve us. Along with a number ten and a new manager

First game I've seen for some while. First half we should have scored at least 3 and ended the half with game pretty much won. Giving a sloppy goal away as we did set the scene for the second half, and so it turned out. 3-1 down and we get KMac and Price playing tippy tappy in side our half - why the fuck are they not playing more advanced.
We really need and miss the experience of a old head at the back - as we had with Williamson.
We need to set our stall out to attack teams with 2 forwards with a suitable midfield to back them.
I can see this getting a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Just having Hause back will improve us. Along with a number ten and a new manager

Really? Because we sure looked shite at the back before he got injured. Our only period of defensive solidity was with Williamson at CB.

I was one of the early adopters of the KJ Out brand, and although I still feel he needs to go ASAP, tonight seems to have been down to Ebanks-Landell's continued regression. When he came into the team briefly last season I thought he was set to grow into a very strong defender if not a very good ball player. Unfortunately he's making goal-conceding mistakes weekly, sometimes more than once in a match (as tonight).

Batth also has a lot to answer for, he's supposed to be the leader on the pitch and he's seemingly done nothing to help EEL on any occasion.

Batth & EEL are both shite. EEL may one day cut out the errors and become a quality CB but it wont be for a long while yet. Batth is barely in control of his own feet, let alone a football team. Rip that fookin armband off him asap and give it to someone with a modicum of composure.

as i said in the match thread, i miss experience at the back(not like Gorkss) but a Craddock leader type

We also miss a ball playing center half who can bring the ball into midfield instead of hoofing it. Football is all about partnerships and balance, not just good individual players.

Selling Stears was suicidal, as has been not playing Graham until recently and the continued use of DE and Henry.

The key problem tonight was the back 4, all of whom made errors at some point and at times looked all over the place.
DB I'm sorry simply isn't a leader and offered no guidance at all to EEL who at times regularly got caught out of position.
Each goal was just such incompetence. Reality is Leeds could have had four or five.
The biggest annoyance is we looked in complete control for the first 35 minutes.
The way we reacted conceding the equaliser just highlights the lack of charachter and leadership we have within the squad.
That said KJ should have been able to lift the players at half time, either he couldn't motivate them or they weren't listening to him.
The squad we have is imo of poor quality but we shouldn't be languishing in 17th starting to worry about the bottom three.
The situation at the club doesn't help and we are basically in position of exist and survive until we find new buyers, very dangerous position to be in.

We also miss a ball playing center half who can bring the ball into midfield instead of hoofing it. Football is all about partnerships and balance, not just good individual players.

Selling Stears was suicidal, as has been not playing Graham until recently and the continued use of DE and Henry.

like Stones at Everton you mean..yeah he can bring the ball easily, i would look at him ;) (get your point though and agree)

No home win since October 3rd. Tactically taken apart by Steve Evans. Gates falling like a stone. Appalling signings and/or utilisation of signings.

We have an excellent record at Hillsbrough, I fancy us to paper over some cracks come Sunday and the torture will continue.

We're entering the final days of Ken now. I'll always have respect for the guy for the job he did as we could have got stuck in L1 for years with further mismanagement - but time's up now. Two home wins before Christmas, truly appalling. Mick actually had more than that in the Premier League when we finished rock bottom and were patently miles out of our depth.

Positives:

- We did play some decent football for the first half hour. Nothing amazing, and probably magnified because of how awful we have been as an attacking force lately, but we did at least have a bit of purpose and zip about us.

- This partly being aided by McDonald and Price being further up the pitch; which should be the default at home. Price's first half was excellent before he ran out of steam.

- We did create enough chances to have the game done and dusted before they scored. Which is an improvement on our "two shot" halves we've been enduring all season.

- Afobe played properly up front and looked dangerous. Shock horror.

- Graham was very good again, not everything he did came off but then that applied to Sako.

- Very good sub appearance from Byrne, surely he must start getting some proper game time.

Negatives:

- Not clinical enough allowing Leeds back into a game they should have been buried in

- The defending. My fucking Lord the defending. So bad it genuinely wouldn't have looked out of place in a pub game. All three goals were awful and we could have conceded another 2-3 along the way. First one EEL comically sucked out so he is level on the pitch with Afobe (!), second one Dallas ludicrously allowed to advance unchallenged with the ball and shoot, third one all at sea and we allow Golbourne to be isolated on the back stick (and it was a pretty poor effort at getting up)...added to which...

- Ikeme. Yes yes, he made a couple of decent saves at 1-3. But the second is dreadful goalkeeping, beaten at his near post by a shot he gets two hands to, and it's not so hot on the third goal either when he's rooted to his line as a floated cross drifts across the six yard box. Six goals now at least partially down to him this season, he hasn't even played ten games. Terrible season.

- Resorting to long balls once we were trailing, as if we'd forgotten how to play any football at all.

- Once again, the opposition making subs, us not reacting and ending up worse off. Bad game management. Again.

- Bad selection AGAIN. Edwards is bloody awful. He is guaranteed a shirt. He does absolutely nothing that a number 10 should. It's appalling management to keep picking him and none of this is even complicated stuff. Weeks of Henry phoning in performances, keeps the shirt forever. Byrne did more tonight than he has since Fulham away.

The results are terrible, he isn't turning this around. I wanted him out six weeks ago and absolutely nothing has changed, in fact he's adding more to the dossier which demands he must go. Hopefully Jez was on the phone confirming to Morgan that we're making a change. This cannot go on. It's unacceptable.

It's a fucking ridiculous game football does its fans no favours at all, gobbles you up and spits you out, I wish I could break the habit, save myself a fucking fortune.
Fuck the Manager, fuck the owner, fuck Moxey and fuck the Club, I've had enough.
Oh, Merry Christmas.

Batth & EEL are both $#@!e. EEL may one day cut out the errors and become a quality CB but it wont be for a long while yet. Batth is barely in control of his own feet, let alone a football team. Rip that fookin armband off him asap and give it to someone with a modicum of composure.

I'm not so visceral about it right now, but generally I agree with the sentiment here. Batth is not good enough and as much as I was indifferent to selling Stearman when it happened, it now looks a tragic decision.

The key problem tonight was the back 4, all of whom made errors at some point and at times looked all over the place.
DB I'm sorry simply isn't a leader and offered no guidance at all to EEL who at times regularly got caught out of position.
Each goal was just such incompetence. Reality is Leeds could have had four or five.
The biggest annoyance is we looked in complete control for the first 35 minutes.
The way we reacted conceding the equaliser just highlights the lack of charachter and leadership we have within the squad.
That said KJ should have been able to lift the players at half time, either he couldn't motivate them or they weren't listening to him.
The squad we have is imo of poor quality but we shouldn't be languishing in 17th starting to worry about the bottom three.
The situation at the club doesn't help and we are basically in position of exist and survive until we find new buyers, very dangerous position to be in.

good man, i agree with you,,,its that reaction after the goal from leeds that annoys me more than ever..we completely stopped playing football, got more defensive, letting them in the game..a team that has scored just 18 goals before this game in the champinoship. now they score three away to us and should have scored one or two more..they looked like a sunday league side before they scored

As said earlier we have a team with not one leader on the pitch. Frank Munro in his day had players by the throat in the dressing if they weren't cutting it. At times at 3-1 down we were playing keep ball in our own half as though we were winning. No fight there. Kenny you have to go.

We have an excellent record at Hillsbrough, I fancy us to paper over some cracks come Sunday and the torture will continue.

We may have, but are so fragile at the moment that I wouldn't back us to beat a Conference side

We are going to get sucked into a relegation battle if we aren't careful, I expected us to yield a minimum of 8 points from the last 4 matches and we've got a limp 5.

We may have, but are so fragile at the moment that I wouldn't back us to beat a Conference side

Ironically we also went there and won after our fifth straight defeat last November and ended the malaise. I just think we'll stagger to one win in every 5/6 games and it'll prolong it.

Back