• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 Leeds: Verdict Thread

Actually I blame Jesse Marsch for playing his ridiculous high line which meant we were in countless times with one simple straight ball over the top. Never happens if he sets a team up like a normal person.

Bloody Podence a couple of times with that first half. You're clean through, shoot man.
That one first half where he takes a touch, just shoot first time.

As much as his balance is great etc - he does take the more difficult option more time than not

Ho! Ho! Ho! A lot of Wolves fans backed Coole Cody this week - not the same either. Why the hell do you have to disagree with anything I say? Does it make you feel good? It is quite simple: Friend made the game turn with his crass & unfair decisions. We did implode.
So, I'm the second person you have an issue with tonight with regards to not agreeing with you, I assume you must have some type of tally chart because to be honest I don't have a fucking clue who you are

Come on TT.
This is what I said

I've just seen the second yellow. I agree with Mark, normally the second to get there gets a yellow in those situations. Now obviously there isn't any malice and a referee who understands the game lets it go particularly when it's a second yellow, but we don't have those in England any more.

End of the day they are fucking terrible. We’d have been 2-0 before Neves went off if Lage picked the right team. We’d have then been 4-0 up at HT and the game would have been won (arguably should have been 4 anyway).

The sending off is obviously bullshit but we’ve been against 10 a couple of times and not had a meaningful shot. They’ve managed to score 3 with a bunch of nobodies.

I’d like to blame Lage, but he clearly doesn’t rate Fabio. If he had a genuine option I’m sure he’d have bought them on. But 5-2–2 just isn’t going to work. Would have been better off going to a back 4 and put Saiss in midfield than that.

Season done sadly, top 6 is definitely done. Could still finish 7th if West Ham somehow fall apart.

So, I'm the second person you have an issue with tonight with regards to not agreeing with you, I assume you must have some type of tally chart because to be honest I don't have a fucking clue who you are
You are fucking clueless? :)

I have no idea what’s going through his head running accross the box but it’s still 99% Saiss
Absolutely on Saiss. I have no idea what he was doing. I don't think he did either.

The winner is on that coward Dendoncker.

If it endangers a player yes it is a foul. See Pogba on Mane.

It is what DW says it is, a collision. What it isn't is a foul on the keeper.
Don’t forget me Johnny - I said it was a collision too! :)

Absolutely on Saiss. I have no idea what he was doing. I don't think he did either.

The winner is on that coward Dendoncker.

I’m clutching at straws thinking he hopes Saiss chests or heads it to him, which he had time to do as he was under no pressure. But just hooking it over his head was the safest option but he somehow managed to boot it straight in the air. We’ve literally gifted them 3 goals. Shambles.

Just watched the goals...Good god, looked bad in the ground worse looking back. RAN and Saiss I knew about, the third
...wow, just a lack of desire to protect your goal.

Was the last time we turned a 2-0 lead into a loss Wembley? Just back home and I have to say it’s the closest I’ve been to that post match feeling since as well. Obviously not just the result, but the feeling that the something is over - the season in this case.

Won’t be easy to bring myself to watching any of that back. Wasn’t there a clonking yellow card for them not given straight after half time seemingly because not enough of the crowd were back in their seats to remind the ref what he was meant to be doing? Amidst the wreckage Trincao didn’t have a bad second half in parts either. Tricky for him when his partner up front was 50 yards across the pitch and about half the height of the 3 defenders in between. Hwang was lamentable when he came on, just chased the ball around 10 yards behind it.

Not sure Raul was so bad given that the entire game seemed to switch when he was no longer on the pitch.

I’m clutching at straws thinking he hopes Saiss chests or heads it to him, which he had time to do as he was under no pressure. But just hooking it over his head was the safest option but he somehow managed to boot it straight in the air. We’ve literally gifted them 3 goals. Shambles.
Even after he booted it in the air, by the time it came down we should have had numbers back in position, no idea what Sa was thinking just a collective losing of the plot & blind panic.

Should have had 6pts against those fuckers this seasons, ended up with one.

I'm still not sure if it was a foul be Jimenez or not. But I do think if roles were reversed meslier gets sent off for dogso, and for that to happen it must be a foul.

So how can it be a collision if meslier gets there first but a foul if Jimenez gets there first? This is a genuine question

The challenge was six of one half a dozen of the other, what the ref could have done given the situation, is give both players the benefit of the doubt. That would have been sensible officiating.

Back