• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

I was told just before it was called off that we should win the game and if it is off we will lose our best chance of beating them.
Who were you talking to, Goono Lage himself?!

We couldn't beat an egg at the time.

Who were you talking to, Goono Lage himself?!

We couldn't beat an egg at the time.
It was on this forum. Something like "lost our best chance of getting anything from Anfield this season"

Is there not a free weekend from the FA cup 5th round we could have used?

Edit - ignore that, that is when the 5th round is. Assume it’s a weekday this year because of the WC

The only weekend we're not playing for the rest of the season is 25th/26th March, which is an international break.

From a personal point of view it just underlines the turnaround in three months. When this game was originally due to be played I was desperate for it to be called off and hopefully the week after too, I didn't actually want to watch us play (and I have watched a hell of a lot of total shite). Right back into it now and it's not a case of only enjoying it when we win, it's more not going into a game (against anyone, be it Man City or Liverpool or Southampton) thinking the absolute best we can do is a horrible 1-0 that we don't really merit, more likely we will draw 0-0 or lose.

Back