• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Costa's goal v Cardiff is also a fave of mine. Sent 2 defenders and the keeper to Asda to do his big shop before scoring

So many good goals from Nuno’s time - we were blessed.

Barry Douglas, far post at Bristol City with Nuno’s reaction in amongst their Directors. Classic.

PTS getting some grief from Wolves Twitter for rightly criticising people singing the Always the Victim chant. Anyone who sang it is a cunt, anyone who sang it not knowing it's routed in Hillsborough is a thick cunt
I don’t regret moving from the North Bank to the back of the South Bank ten years ago but it’s an aspect of the behaviour in there I’ve struggled with.
I’ve had arguments, reported homophobic chants to stewards ( waste of time).
I’m seventy this year so for my own self preservation I’ve had to rein it in over the last few years, plus listening to my two lads saying, ‘Dad, shut the fuck up!’ every game became a bit tiresome.

Of course, see age related post below.
Definitely Benno - I was there that night. Probably the most mental scenes in the away end I have had (Nuno had nothing on us :) )

Andy & I walked back to Temple Meads after & got lost twice but didn't care.

Best for technique was still Neves v Derby - was right in line with that in the NB Quadrant - as soon as he hit it everyone knew it was going in

I was in the South Bank that night, I couldn’t believe it, still think it’s the best goal I’ve ever seen at Molineux.

Nenad Milijas' goal vs Bolton was the best one I've seen in person, I never think the TV replays did it justice. Sadly that was the only year I had a season ticket though so missed many more equally good

It (Neves vs Derby) was in the middle of a spell where he seemed to score a thriker every other week, opposing midfielders couldn’t get anywhere near him. I knew exactly what he was going to do as soon as the ball came out to him. Best goal I’ve ever seen I think, never mind one scored by a Wolves player.

He’s still here too. Amazing really.

Nenad Milijas' goal vs Bolton was the best one I've seen in person, I never think the TV replays did it justice. Sadly that was the only year I had a season ticket though so missed many more equally good

We scored about 12 at home all season :D

Could watch a compilation of them all while the kettle's boiling.

Maybe I should explain something. The Wolves' fan reaction last season when Liverpool were supposed to be going for the "Quad" was so funny, the improvised chant even though Wolves were losing shows the humour of British football fans when they sang "You nearly won the league". Jurgen Klopp actually took offence to it but that's how he is. So I think he has a 'thing' with Wolves now!

Waggy versus Arsenal 1971, best ever goal by anyone, anytime, ever, the end.

Fernando Gomez vs Stockport , late 90's

Last edited:
FFS! You say one little thing on the internet years ago and its there to beat you with for years to come!
That is the way it works.

You will get to your 100th Birthday and the message from the King will have "remember when you said Neves should stop shooting from distance" as the P.S

That is the way it works.

You will get to your 100th Birthday and the message from the King will have "remember when you said Neves should shooting from distance" as the P.S
Tbf it probably wasn't far off what I said for that goal 😂

Back