• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Not sure if mentioned but the TV angle from the linesman area for the Neves goal suggested that Adama was trying to find Raul rather than Neves with his assist, certainly with the glance he did and the power he put on his pass. Ironic really given how many times he could have got assists and there's been a bad finish.
I don't think this is true. Looking at it live and in replay Adama is looking for Neves run.

The amazing thing is Adama looks numerous times before playing the ball in. Usually its done blind or maybe one look up
His movement off the ball and decision making going forward was like watching a different player.

He certainly fits a certain style of play.

I don't think this is true. Looking at it live and in replay Adama is looking for Neves run.
I think he was looking where Raul was, the angle and pace on it suggested that to me too.

If it was intended for Neves it was a superb assist.

I think he was looking where Raul was, the angle and pace on it suggested that to me too.

If it was intended for Neves it was a superb assist.
I did have a moment where I thought he was looking for Raul and hadn't even seen Neves, but then I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt because the way they celebrated made me think maybe he did mean it. We'll never know!

I'm a bit disappointed that Raul just stopped and didn't continue following in

It's absolutely tiny though in the grand scheme

I've knocked Adama for years so to be fair to him, whether he meant it or not who cares! It was a great goal and he fully played his part in it.

Thats Raul though. Watch a lot of his goals back and he is not the chasing the ball to the edge of the 6 yard area.

Think when we beat West Ham, can't remember which season, we countered and he stopped 20 yards from goal and the midfield went ahead of him. He then got the pass in space and fired it into the bottom corner

I think we still have a tendency to get a bit panicky when under pressure and drop deep. Not sure it was by design
This.

I very much doubt Julen sent us out 2nd half saying "just let them dominate for the next 15 minutes, no worries".

Back