• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

I love Boly's reaction to the goal. Also that he doesn't even bother trying to get back onside for the possible goalkeeper spill that he could get on the end of - reckon it's just as he expected it to go in?

Loved to hear Allisonn's reaction to the end of the game.
"This is not how Liverpool play, this is'nt us! Watching Wolves just pass the ball around in front of us, 40, 50, 60 passes and we couldn't stop it, couldn't get close to them, that killed me!"
Turned out to be 53 passes actually with the ball skimming off a Pool player's head in the middle.
Fantastic stuff.

One thing that struck me about Dawson's goal on Saturday .

Look at the confidence with which he took it . He didn't hesitate to have a crack , he didn't look to take a touch or pass it to a better placed colleague . No - he took it like someone who is used to being in the box scoring goals , and that's a big help to have a player like that , a confident player in front of goal .
And there we were bemoaning the fact that we had failed to buy a striker in January..................

Another thing on Raul's miss near the end .

Both Dawson and Neves showed confidence and composure with their goals , Jiminez showed the complete opposite , and for a striker that's very concerning . A striker should be putting that away when you're leading 3 - 0 and very much on the front foot .
He needs to stop the flicks , and just blast it or take it down and be sure of the strike .
He is to be fair getting into far better positions now and is available for the cross , but we need to see the finishing to go with it .

Having watched a recording of the match, in hindsight, and while appreciating the contribution made by other players, esp. Lemina and Neves, my MOM is Craig Dawson.

He was a man on debut for us, but he defended really well, apart from one obvious mistake that luckily Liverpool put wide. He scored an emphatic goal, took charge of the defence encouraging those around him, guiding our players into the right position, joining in with the movement of the ball forwards, and making himself available as an out ball at all times. IMO, his experience and quality instilled calmness and confidence into other players. Long may it continue.

Having watched a recording of the match, in hindsight, and while appreciating the contribution made by other players, esp. Lemina and Neves, my MOM is Craig Dawson.

He was a man on debut for us, but he defended really well, apart from one obvious mistake that luckily Liverpool put wide. He scored an emphatic goal, took charge of the defence encouraging those around him, guiding our players into the right position, joining in with the movement of the ball forwards, and making himself available as an out ball at all times. IMO, his experience and quality instilled calmness and confidence into other players. Long may it continue.
Hard to ask for a better debut alright . Very Mike Williamson ish in the impact for a defence that needed it .

I'd say Raul showed too much confidence, not a lack of
My take on it is that a confident striker displays composure at the key moments , making the right calls at the right times , his effort was high risk . He had other options I would have said .

Raul has never been especially lethal in front of goal. Difference in the last 18 months compared to pre-injury is that we've been creating virtually nothing, so if he misses one chance then that's probably it for the rest of the game.

I'd say Raul showed too much confidence, not a lack of
Sort of my point yesterday. He's not in a position to be overconfident. Just put your foot through it, take the goal and get back to scoring on a regular basis.

Sometimes simple is better - and I think I speak for us all when I say we wish to see him back to his best. It's not like we've seen over-cockiness go wrong before with Raul...

jimenez-playsports.gif

Cool

Have any other member got any relatives that play for Wolves?
😂 - it's not a horrific shout. Dawson was very, very good and is exactly what we need in defence. And of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion! But I thought Lemina was outstanding and deserves MOTM, with Neves right there alongside him.

😂 - it's not a horrific shout. Dawson was very, very good and is exactly what we need in defence. And of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion! But I thought Lemina was outstanding and deserves MOTM, with Neves right there alongside him.
Edit - Sorry Jinky, the laughing emoji was missed when I posted.

Sounds like we’ll be playing Liverpool again in our rearranged game on the midweek after we play Fulham

Bastards will have the likes of VVD and Jota back by then.

Have no issue with Dawson being MOTM (mine was Lemina)

Btw, whilst Dino's MOM is Craig Dawson, my DAD is Mario!

I was told just before it was called off that we should win the game and if it is off we will lose our best chance of beating them.

Back