• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Feels like a statement win. Everton and West Ham were good, and very important, but this feels like a bit of a watershed. JL is officially here and in control, and things are looking good.

Hard to pick out a bad performance. Lemina was very, very good and Dawson was notably talking to Kilman more than a few times. Seems like its what he needs, kind of like Boly in a way.

Could and possibly should have been more. Been waiting for that for a long time - always felt that game under Nuno when we lost 1-2 at the death we were very, very close to them - one of the best games we played under him. They've obviously fallen off recently but they're still no mugs, so that feels really, really good and something we've had to wait for far too long.

3 goals! Holy shit

Good players with a good manager tends to be a good combination. Sariba and Cunha pulled Liverpool all over the place. One moment in the first half both came really deep and set up an attack despite leaving nobody up front. More a false 6 than a false 9.

Neves box to box? I assumed that would be Lemina's role but instead it was Lemina who slotted into the role Neves has been playing and was an absolute brick wall in front of and alongside the centre halves.

Dawson is a very good Premier League defender and also organised the defense really well. And he may never score a sweeter goal.

Every substitute had a positive impact on the game, we probably should have scored a couple more.

Also, a special mention for Sa - after his last performance he needed a good one today and he did that and some more. A couple a decent saves, claiming balls coming into the box and generally looking like the goalkeeper he should be.

On to Match of the Day to hear how bad Liverpool were with barely a mention of Wolves.

On to Match of the Day to hear how bad Liverpool were with barely a mention of Wolves.

That‘ll be whatever James Richardson’s podcast is named these days. Think they get fined for even saying the word

According to RAWK forum, that’s the worst result in the history of Liverpool FC, they’re having a meltdown of Chernobyl proportions
Pretty sure they'll have said same thing last time we beat them

Shame! :D

Can't deny I was worried for 15 minutes after the break, but we held on well, and turned it around. Neves goal was beyond superb. Klopp looked flat and defeated. Great to see Lemina helping, if not taking over Neves role of late, thereby releasing Neves to push forward - and maybe score a few more! And to think we still have Joao to play in a similar role. Going to be non stop energy in that midfield thanks to silly 5 man subs. So looking forward to rest of season.

Wow. Totally buzzing after that. I actually want to watch MOTD for a change!

Oh, and I agree with Alan. Pod’s hair is ace.

Missed this one…is that 4-4-2 right? With Nunes on the left? Massive result, look forward to watching it.

It is. I think we moved Nunes out there to nullify TAA a fair bit.

Christ, I forgot about the subs. Absolutely spot on.

Excellent to see so many of the January signings having an immediate impact too: Lemina, Dawson, Cunha, Sarabia. More than anything I think we were just a squad in desperate need of a lift and a refresh.

Petition to change the Lopetegui song to Cunha in attack as Diego won't ever play for us again.

Back