• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

Whilst very happy with the result and the goals, I just wish we would play with a bit more pace more often. When we play faster we look so much better. Sometimes I just want to run on the pitch and kick them up the arse to get them going!

Sako was excellent when he came on. If he played like that every match we would walk this division.

I know what you mean about the pace we play it, sometimes it's too slow and easy to defend against, but the pitch yesterday wasn't really helping things and I think we did well to play the football we did

Whilst very happy with the result and the goals, I just wish we would play with a bit more pace more often. When we play faster we look so much better. Sometimes I just want to run on the pitch and kick them up the arse to get them going!

Sako was excellent when he came on. If he played like that every match we would walk this division.

I mentioned that in my verdict, though the pitch really didn't help matters. Sako gave the midfield extra dynamism when he came on.

Dicko...
Taller than you think.
Stronger than any other striker we have.
Holds the ball really well and releases it quickly...no fannying around waiting for a pass.
Once hes passed, he was off into space and calling for the ball.
Not shy about giving the midfield a bollocking for not passing to him when hes made a run.
(saw him give Evans a volley of abuse for passing sidewards after he had made a darting run)
Seems like he will chase long balls and probaly win the race to them all day long.
Worked across the entire front line looking for a through ball.

Have to say 2nd half Goldbourne seemed to get more frustrated with some team mates.
He was dying to attack the line but everytime he went to overlap he never recieved the ball and had to check back.

Anyone else amazed how we seem to have acres of space down the wings in this league?
Do other teams not watch dvds of our matches?....Watching from the South Bank its amazing to see Ricketts/Henry standing in 30 yards of space waiting to attack the north bank match after match.

I dont really want to have a long rant on the crowd around me in the SB yesterday as it clouds the day for me.....but i had 2 blokes clearly on substances by me (how they got it in the ground in that state was a wonder)
Two arrests...
And many many many mouthy simpletons....One of them was very vocal during the Bert Williams tribute and which disgusted me...(unless he has tourettes but i suspect not)
Glad i didnt have my kids with me this week.

Also Wolves...that tribute...
Hmm...please either replace those eyesore screens or get a new sound system...the tribute was inaudible...also the email i recieved the day before annoyed me too..
Either send one out in appreciation of Bert on its own but not one surrounded by sales bollocks.

I was at the game and have a few comments:

Ricketts- played very well however he overran it a few times when there was a chance to pass/cross it.

KMac- way too good for this league, pinpoint passing and great vision- (cue awful comparison) he's like the Lampard of the championship/league 1.

Lee Evans- I felt he had a good game, he just needs more experience as there was a couple of times he could've passed earlier, and if my memory serves me correctly there was a chance when he could've scored in the second half but chose to take a touch which meant he lost the ball.

Dicko- great debut. He didn't stop running and chased every dead ball and every pass back, took his goal extremely well and a shame that he didn't manage to get a second which he deserved- from what I've seen from Griffiths this season (albeit not a lot) I much prefer Dicko! Although one thing I would say is that there was one moment in the second half when he was too wide and should've been looking for the pass through the middle instead- not that you can criticise him for this.

The ref- what on earth was going on with this guy?! I know that we're not in the premiership anymore but holy shit, they still need to know the basics of football!!

Overall- very enjoyable game and a good day out!

Dicko's arrival has probably done a bit of good for Sako; always nice to have a mate around that you can share your home language with.

I know it's wishful thinking at this point, but if Tongo comes back to England and keeps up the form he's now showing at Valenciennes, a midfield three of him, Price, and McDonald could be a real menace next season. And yes, I know, "he's not going to be here", "he can't play like that in England", "etc.". As I said, wishful thinking.

looks like Dicko is two footed (hurrah) and took his goal well, lovely finish by Sako

Impressive debut from Dicko, quick, strong and direct.

Really pleased to see Price back and fit, him and KM look really solid.

Sako looked fresh and determined and I wouldn't mind seeing him start at Oldham as Henry doesn't look near the player he was before picking up his injury.

I mentioned that in my verdict, though the pitch really didn't help matters. Sako gave the midfield extra dynamism when he came on.

We were on the offensive but the defensive work of Henry and Jacobs cannot go unnoticed. Would rather KJ fit players to a System than the other way round. I think that team yesterday will continue to develop. I like Evans in the hole and I hope him and Dicko can work off each other. Need Evans on the end of high crosses.

Really like Dicko's control and finish for his goal and the pass to find him was nice from Evans? too.

Really like Dicko's control and finish for his goal and the pass to find him was nice from Evans? too.

Dicko went wide at times but I think if we are going to put high crosses in Evans has to consistently get on the end of them. I like Evans in that role but he has to sharpen up.

Good display yesterday Henry was a bit off but to be fair he is usually one of our better performers. McDonald is playing well and growing game by game. Stearman gets too much criticism for me! Dicko was a real threat and didn't keep falling over. not a massive Jackett fan but his signings are definately some of our best performers. Lets hope we can keep it up and the O's and the Bee's have a wobble. Sako was on fire although I nearly wee'd myself at his attempted overhead kick just after he came on.

I must say that the Burt Williams tribute was embarrasing you couldn't hear a word. generally our PA and the announcer are so loud and annoying i hide under the south bank till kick off. Of course the bit when he announces "OUR TEAM Wolverhampton Wanderers" I wonder if any of the assembled masses had forgot who our team are. Full credit to City fans as they showed respect for "the cat"

I loved Price's ball to Evans who in turn assisted Sako. He just looks up and makes an inch perfect pass. What a player the Shrewsbury Pirlo is going to be with time and experience. To think Mick wanted to get rid of him for being too small, it would've been an absolute travesty. New contract urgently required.

I think as he develops we'll see more incisive key forward passes as well as the excellent positioning and tidy stuff he's offering now. How long is his contract?

Back