• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

I wouldn't have WH down as racist its just a slip of the tongue, I have been there I said something similar on The Mix one year as I didn't know the players name.

Amended my post for reasons stated in the original

Sorry guys.
Inappropriate and foolish stuff back there.

Genuine apologies. No offence meant.

I've edited the post.

Right moving on. Is anybody surprised Griff didn't get a run out today. I was expecting the token 20 minutes..

Right moving on. Is anybody surprised Griff didn't get a run out today. I was expecting the token 20 minutes..

Not really. We didn't miss him and he never looked like even warning up with any real intention to play. I think he's a gonner.

Not really Quirk, who would you have expected him to replace?
Though I have to say as a nod to Paddy et al, that from the commentary, it didn't seem that Henry was having as bad a game as some of those that went said...

Not really.

I'm more surprised by Cotterill saying our 3rd goal came from nowhere. We had been building a good 5 mins of pressure that including winning corners, should have been awarded a penalty and then scored. Hardly from nowhere was it

Not really.

I'm more surprised by Cotterill saying our 3rd goal came from nowhere. We had been building a good 5 mins of pressure that including winning corners, should have been awarded a penalty and then scored. Hardly from nowhere was it

Especially as we really should have been 4 or 5 up at that point.

Though I have to say as a nod to Paddy et al, that from the commentary, it didn't seem that Henry was having as bad a game as some of those that went said...

Henry and Jacobs really struggled with the pitch today. At times it looked like they were running in treacle.

Steve Cotterill has always been a cunt.

Griffiths will be gone by Friday. He wasn't missed. Dicko lead the line just fine.

Your debutant is the one usually dragged off for a round of applause etc etc..

Griffiths will be gone by Friday. He wasn't missed. Dicko lead the line just fine.

He'll be missed if Dicko gets injured and we have to play Doyle instead. I don't have a problem with getting rid if we buy someone else who can properly challenge for the team and make an impact.

Also a nod today to the whiniest tosser I've ever sat next to - from the first minute going on about how we should have two up front, any time a cross came in and no-one getting on the end of it saying that we lacked height up front, claiming Sigurdarson had never been played up front, saying Dicko was a winger and not a striker - utter wanker. I don't mind people having such laughable views, such is life, but don't be a fucking loudmouth with it, you ruin it for everyone else. He wasn't even some kid either, he must have been early 50s at least.

For those at the game, did Dicko look like a striker that genuinely enjoys / suits being the one up top?

Not really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25885329

He comes across dreadfully there. An interview straight out of the Saunders handbook. Willful misrepresentation of what happened, shit "banter", ducking questions, full house.

by the way, mr loudmouth at the back of the north bank has been like a church mouse since I called him out as a complete buffoon. happy days

For those at the game, did Dicko look like a striker that genuinely enjoys / suits being the one up top?

In some ways yes - he's bigger than I thought he was and pretty strong too, he runs the channels well, he works the back four which Cassidy/Doyle don't do. But in other ways it's hard to say given that we were so on top for 80% of the game. It's a different role when it's backs to the wall and we need an outlet there to hold it and lead the line. We didn't need him to do that today, whether he can, I don't know.

Back