• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

Still need to try wv1, how is it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I was in the bar today, you get your first drink free and parking at the ground which makes life easier. Good view of the ground prior to the game and generally good service from the staff plus you get a free programme.
You get an interview live in the bar with either an ex or serving player, today was Phil parkes, plus some ex players go into the bar bully was in there today talking to people and having photos.
Drinks are waiting at your table at half time to.
Food is a bit over priced for what you get and the leg room in the seats is a bit tight.
Overall it's a good comfortable way to enjoy the game plus I didn't get caught in the deluge.
You can wear jeans but no trainers.

I was not there, but surely the referee cannot be poor every week. Though it is worth bearing in mind that as we are in the third tier of football, we will not be getting premier league referees, but the ones appointed to our games are level one referees and have proven their competence to officiate at football league level.

I was not there, but surely the referee cannot be poor every week. Though it is worth bearing in mind that as we are in the third tier of football, we will not be getting premier league referees, but the ones appointed to our games are level one referees and have proven their competence to officiate at football league level.

Frank he was abysmal today so inconsistent for both teams, penalty was blatant so he couldn't get that wrong. Things got a bit feisty before half time simply because he was unable to control the game.

KMac it's this season's revelation! He's the antithesis of the dredge that Karl Henry was dishing up last year.

The refereeing standard in this league Frank is dire, i've seen numerous Wolves and Walsall games this year and the amount of decisions they get wrong is worrying.

On the game, glad that we seemed to have put in another good performance and that Dicko got off to a good start. Pleased to hear that Evans also put in another good performance and that Sako came on and was influential.

I just say it as I see it, Frank. Today's wasn't the worst I've seen this season by any stretch of the imagination but he was pretty crap. Baffled as to how we didn't get a penalty. The worst I've seen was probably the MK game when he completely lost control and bought all the tricks from MK.

I didn't go to the Preston but I'm led to believe that ref was pretty dire too.

2 massive moments today.

One was a 2 footed challenge right through the back of Price that was dangerous and by the laws of the game today a yellow at least - Refs decision - Not even a foul ( he was stood 10 yards away)

Dicko in the area, turns to get onto a loose ball which would have seen a shot on goal, ankles clipped - No foul given

He got the Brizzle penalty call right but it pretty much ends there for him.

The refs have been shocking, there was another incident today where one of ours got took out right in front of the linesman who flagged for a foul but the ref knew best and said play on with Bristol on the attack!

Can anyone who went give any sort of a comparison between Dicko and Sako?

Jacobs shot that took a big deflection out....referees verdict...goal kick.
The officials in this league are fucking dire.
It shows how bad they are that we are still moaning about them and weve won!

Can anyone who went give any sort of a comparison between Dicko and Sako?

What do you mean?

It's hard to compare as one is a striker the other a winger?

They both did well today though. Dicko had a good debut, looked lively and took his goal well, as well as getting the assist for the OG. Sako caused them problems when he came on and scored with a good powerful shot into the bottom corner.

Everyone did ok today, Stearman had a couple of dodgy moments but we were comfortable apart from a short spell around when they scored.

What do you mean?

Yeah, sorry. Bit too simplistic that question...
I was wondering about their style of play, how they attack/run at players/track back/hit the ball/techniques & skill on the ball.

When Dicko got the ball early and then scored, most of us could only hear the commentary and... he sounded very good, powerful and fast.
Then when Sako came on, I wondered how he would compare, but again, listening, it was hard to make a comparison.

Last edited:
We were good today. Far from flawless but good all round. Had it been better conditions I think we'd have scored more, so many times the ball holding up cost us after a slick bit of play.

McCarey: Two decent enough saves from range, not much else to do, Bristol were pish.

Ricketts: Steady as you would expect.

Stearman: No dramas which normally means no problems.

Batth: Got pulled out too easily for the penalty. He really needs to sort that out, don't get into areas where you're uncomfortable. Otherwise dealt with the big ponce JET well.

Golbourne: Fine. Always an option going forward which I like.

Henry: Not his day, like it wasn't his day vs Preston. Was it his tug back for the penalty? Whoever it was, it was stupid. But we know he has the quality and he showed it in flashes.

Jacobs: Again not quite at his best, but always looking for the ball and looking to create.

Price: My MOTM. He's everywhere and a really tidy footballer once he gets on the ball. Must play whenever available.

McDonald: He finds time on the ball where he's no right to. Another good footballer. I thought when we bought him that he'd be our #10 but the more I watch him the more I think he's better off in a deeper role. He can dictate play.

Evans: Did ok, nothing special. I think he's the one that needs replacing and he can then back up Price.

Dicko: Neither of his two first half shots were that special but they both went in! Inadvertantly in the second case, no way is that his goal. Obviously quick and generally led the line well. I like.

Sako: Got his goal, got about the park ok, what a sub to have! Maybe this little spell on the bench will have given him a bit of a kick up the arse.

Removed as in hindsight I think my sarcasm would just draw more attention to the post I was offended by.

I'm staggered. This really makes this forum look piss-poor. Racism isn't good, cool, funny, or anything other than beyond the pale

Didn't go today but it was so noticeable at the Leyton Orient game that when Jack Price went off we lost control of midfield and stopped being so smooth in possession and 'transition'. Good to hear with him back in tandem with Kevin McDonald they are back to that same sort of understanding and midfield dominance. It is a real pleasure to see a midfield combo who work together so well and I do think Jack Price is hugely under-rated in his role in making us tick.

Dangerous Darkies indeed.. <-Sarcastic btw

132724359_mr_mackey_picture_answer_9_xlarge.jpeg

Racism's bad, mmkay.

Back