• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

I loved Price's ball to Evans who in turn assisted Sako. He just looks up and makes an inch perfect pass. What a player the Shrewsbury Pirlo is going to be with time and experience. To think Mick wanted to get rid of him for being too small, it would've been an absolute travesty. New contract urgently required.

I think Price is a terrific player....He makes things look so simple...because he plays the simple ball. He's a player that clearly knows his limitations (he lets McDonald do all the fancy work) and keeps things ticking over. Good anticipation in our box as well to snuff out danger (he made some good blocks yesterday).

And yes...we need to tie him down to a decent contract and can see this happening in the summer if he keeps this level of performance up.

Can't believe we wouldn't have a year option (like Batth last summer) as I'm sure we'd have sorted this by now otherwise.

He's on a 1 year extension of his first pro contract. We urgently need to tie him up before we lose him for compensation in August.

I'm sure it's something they're trying to get sorted as KJ/KT obviously rate him. You'd hope he'd be pretty happy to stay with us as he's come through the ranks and broken into the first team to good effect and could well be playing a division higher next year.

Can't believe we wouldn't have a year option (like Batth last summer) as I'm sure we'd have sorted this by now otherwise.

I think he'll be gone if we fail to get promotion but he will attract a large fee. If he develops faster than the Wolves we won't keep him. The current team would more than hold it's own in the champ but they have to get promotion first. Trust us to be in the freak league.

I loved Price's ball to Evans who in turn assisted Sako. He just looks up and makes an inch perfect pass. What a player the Shrewsbury Pirlo is going to be with time and experience. To think Mick wanted to get rid of him for being too small, it would've been an absolute travesty. New contract urgently required.

Did he? Blimey.

I'll bite. Performing 2 seasons after Mick went in a division 2 below where Mick was is hardly a reason to get a sly dig in.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...to-bert-williams-match-analysis-and-pictures/

Wolves maintained their upwards curve but the two runaway trains ahead of them remain out of reach and still on course to reach their mutual destination ahead of Jackett’s outfit.
It is a season of sustained, almost freakish points-harvesting and if Wolves were hoping to put the club back on course through solid consistency they are now being forced to confront an even greater challenge.

The two rivals from the east and west fringes of the capital are not going anywhere and Jackett and his players must now know that they, too, are going to have to come up with something extraordinary to avoid play-off roulette.

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how on earth we are going to catch these two teams who are a devastating 2 and 4 points ahead of us. It's not like we have to play them, or indeed they play each other.

I just don't know how we'll bridge the vast gap and avoid the lottery of the play offs.

There's no need for them to have such a negative attitude and spin on the situation is there? Purely looking at Orient they have Coventry, Rotherham, Peterborough and Preston all coming up in the next month it's perfectly reasonable to think we could be above them by that time.

There's no need for them to have such a negative attitude and spin on the situation is there? Purely looking at Orient they have Coventry, Rotherham, Peterborough and Preston all coming up in the next month it's perfectly reasonable to think we could be above them by that time.

I know it's unlikely given that we've the trickiest midweek fixture but we could be top at 5pm on Saturday!!

I know it's unlikely given that we've the trickiest midweek fixture but we could be top at 5pm on Saturday!!

Ah yes, but we'll have played more games and the London clubs will catch and overtake us with their games in hand which will net the 50 bazillion points and prove impossible to catch.

This is an extraordinarily high return from not one, not two but three teams at the division’s summit; indeed, it has no precedence in the third tier since football was re-constituted in the early 1990s.

Really?

I could have sworn that in very recent history a team failed to be promoted with 91 points, but there you go.

I think it's obvious why Mourinho has chosen to sell Mata - after all, there's no way they can win the title from here with Arsenal and Man City performing as they are.

I could have sworn that in very recent history a team failed to be promoted with 91 points, but there you go.

Sheff Utd got 90 in 2011/12 and finished 3rd, that's the highest in recent history to miss out. Huddersfield with 87 (2010/11), MK Dons with 87 (2008/9), Reading with 86 (2000/1) and Port Vale with 89 (1992/3) have all also missed out with historically high totals since 1992. Leeds would have got 91 without their deduction in 2007/8.

Ah yes, but we'll have played more games and the London clubs will catch and overtake us with their games in hand which will net the 50 bazillion points and prove impossible to catch.

Walsall will no doubt blitz past us too. Because who doesn't love Walsall? EVERYONE loves Walsall.

Hmmm - how can the same paper run a report on how Walsall are still aiming for top two while then in another article implying Wolves are doomed to the playoffs from a position of having ten points more from one fewer games?

Hmmm - how can the same paper run a report on how Walsall are still aiming for top two while then in another article implying Wolves are doomed to the playoffs from a position of having ten points more from one fewer games?

Because it's the shitty B&S, the worst fucking rag this side of the Persian Gulf. Twats.

Don't beat about the bush, Boozad. Say what you mean. :)

Back