• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 3 Fulham (lost 5-3 on pens): The FA Cup 3rd round replay Verdict Thread.

Really can't believe we managed to lose that after going ahead 3 - 2 in extra time. Without doubt the conditions played their part.

Its only the Cup.

A 5 - 0 win on Saturday as a memorium to Sir Jack will assuage the hurt

For a babby you show swearing promise, Report to the western on match day and I will train you young swearpadawan

Fuck off ;)

I'm upset because I really wanted us to win today, I couldn't really give a toss about the cup.

After a poor first half Kenny did well to be pro -active and put Dicko and Edwards on but also to make a good tactical change. Encouraging that Iorfa played very well again and that K-Mac is coming into some form? I'm worried about us being knackered on Saturday so Kenny has some important calls to make.

Shocking puns eskIMO

:facepalm:

Positives on the radio, they said K-Mac was back to his sublime best in control and movement of the ball. VLP was here there and everywhere and a constant thorn for Fulham. Edwards was a slippery eel and his hign energy caused so many problems, not forgetting two good goals. Iorfa was constantly on the ball and going forward he was a beast, and a great assist to boot. Stears a man mountain as well..

So many positives to take into Saturday.

I'd like to see their 2nd goal The OFFSIDE one, or so these jockeys were saying...

'Woodrow was standing on the line when the ball came in... unless there was the faintest deflection from a Wolves player' was more or less how it went...

And I understand what you're saying about possibly best in the long run and all of that bollocks, but in the conditions, snow everywhere, footing unsure, you just want the ball to be tanked into the net, not some some showboating pretty stuff the thick fuck! He'd just seen Edwards thrash it, so he thought, "I'm going to do my party trick and pretty this one into the corner making the keeper look silly..."

Have you seen the penalty then Roy?

Stearman error????

Are you pissed????

Easily our best player for a month.

Correct he has been our best player for a month but he gave away the penalty and he was lucky re the og v Blackburn. I love him but he will always have an error a game even when he is on top form. Its how he plays. Sometimes it costs us, sometimes it doesnt. When he is playing this well I forgive him the error. I would still prefer it if he didnt make them at all. Guess thats why he is a championship centre half not a premier league one.And Ikeme has upped the anti recently too - he looks sharper. No I am not pissed- surely you agree he has an error a game in him ?

Back to football - Edwards & Dicko gave us a real momentum in the second half.

Whatever people say about Edwards he provides us with something (haven't worked out what it is yet, but its there)

Really should have closed that off once we got ahead, though suspect that tiredness played a part as most of that team were out on Sunday

Correct he has been our best player for a month but he gave away the penalty and he was lucky re the og v Blackburn. I love him but he will always have an error a game even when he is on top form. Its how he plays. Sometimes it costs us, sometimes it doesnt. When he is playing this well I forgive him the error. I would still prefer it if he didnt make them at all. Guess thats why he is a championship centre half not a premier league one.And Ikeme has upped the anti recently too - he looks sharper. No I am not pissed- surely you agree he has an error a game in him ?

No I don't agree at all about the error a game at all lately. Our best player, played brilliantly lately. Feel free to slag him if you wish, but I would rather support our best defender.

Stearman has been in the best form of his career in this last month. The way he puts his body on the line for blocks and I can count on 3 hands the amount of times he's done that recently.

Back