• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 3 Fulham (lost 5-3 on pens): The FA Cup 3rd round replay Verdict Thread.

Correct he has been our best player for a month but he gave away the penalty and he was lucky re the og v Blackburn. I love him but he will always have an error a game even when he is on top form. Its how he plays. Sometimes it costs us, sometimes it doesnt. When he is playing this well I forgive him the error. I would still prefer it if he didnt make them at all. Guess thats why he is a championship centre half not a premier league one.And Ikeme has upped the anti recently too - he looks sharper. No I am not pissed- surely you agree he has an error a game in him ?

It was Evans that conceded the penalty.

No I don't agree at all about the error a game at all lately. Our best player, played brilliantly lately. Feel free to slag him if you wish, but I would rather support our best defender.

Please dont construe constructive fact based criticism with a slag off. Slagging off is what I do to that feckin waste of a wolves shirt that poses as a right back and who fecked up the penalty tonight by the name of Doherty or the big donkey Clarke. Stears is Stears

Every report I've heard says The penalty was given against Evans

Stearman has been in the best form of his career in this last month. The way he puts his body on the line for blocks and I can count on 3 hands the amount of times he's done that recently.

Yes he has and his last ditch clearances and tackles have been brilliant chucking himself in the line over and above the call of duty however...... he needed to make some of the challenges as he was caught out of position, got turned,headed against his own post etc etc and thats all I am saying. Its how he as and 2 Langers is right" that is why he is at Wolves!. BBC have it down as Stears for the pen. If it wasnt him then I do do him an injustice.

Yes he has and his last ditch clearances and tackles have been brilliant chucking himself in the line over and above the call of duty however...... he needed to make some of the challenges as he was caught out of position, got turned,headed against his own post etc etc and thats all I am saying. Its how he as and 2 Langers is right" that is why he is at Wolves!. BBC have it down as Stears for the pen. If it wasnt him then I do do him an injustice.
Did Stearman's header go in. No it didn't it hit the post and was cleared. Your clutching at anything to have a go in my opinion.

Every report I've heard says The penalty was given against Evans

20:00 +1:37 Goal scored

Goal! Goal! Wolverhampton Wanderers 3, Fulham 3. Ross McCormack (Fulham) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the bottom right corner.
120:00 +1:14

Penalty conceded by Richard Stearman (Wolverhampton Wanderers) with a hand ball in the penalty area.
120:00 +0:38

Attempt blocked. Ross McCormack (Fulham) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
119:31

Foul by Kevin McDonald (Wolverhampton Wanderers).

Not going to chuck blame at Doherty for missing the pen, he is crap but virtually all players miss spot kicks in shootouts, Lampard, Gerrard, Pearce, three of the best English spot takers there have been missed in World Cups.

Also not bothered about losing this game. We are better off playing Charlton while they are struggling than going all the way up to Sunderland for a game we aren't likely to get much out of. We gave it a go, we lost due to what seems to be a marginal call by the ref late on. I'd say I've moved on already but there's nowhere to move from, this competition is absolutely not a priority given the fairly thin squad that we have and promotion has to take precedence - we have manoeuvered ourselves into a very decent position and hopefully we can kick on now.

I think your being rather harsh on Stears..

The end.

Your
Not going to chuck blame at Doherty for missing the pen, he is crap but virtually all players miss spot kicks in shootouts, Lampard, Gerrard, Pearce, three of the best English spot takers there have been missed in World Cups.

Also not bothered about losing this game. We are better off playing Charlton while they are struggling than going all the way up to Sunderland for a game we aren't likely to get much out of. We gave it a go, we lost due to what seems to be a marginal call by the ref late on. I'd say I've moved on already but there's nowhere to move from, this competition is absolutely not a priority given the fairly thin squad that we have and promotion has to take precedence - we have manoeuvered ourselves into a very decent position and hopefully we can kick on now.

Yes, I have really gone to town on old Chinstrap there.

I don't think Matt Doherty really cares that Deutsch Wolf from the internet thinks he is crap. He doesn't need you to defend him every time I mention him.

Why should I have to defend a young Wolves player who gives his all every game he plays You can't wait to criticise him What is your problem

It was Evans that conceded the penalty.

I don't normally single out players for criticism, we win together we lose together but I thought Evans was awful tonight, on at least two occasions he pulled out of tackles when the ball was there to be won, his passing all night was horrendous and the free kick that led to the penalty was caused by him giving the ball away in the centre circle with less than a minute to play why oh why didn't he just boot it forward instead of pissing about - and quirk your right it was Evans who gave the penalty away again because he didn't want the ball to hit himso raised his hands.

So that's the negatives out of the way onto the positives and there were a few I thought. Iorfa and VLP both had good games, Edwards gets a lot of stick but I just don't get it, we are a far better team when he plays than when he doesn't, he works his socks off, links play superbly and most importantly always makes himself available for the pass, he never hides,even if things aren't going his way. Stearman and Danny Batth were both outstanding again, not sure what happened in novemeber when we were leaking goals in left right and centre but whatever it was they have certainly put it behind them, they have been awesome recently. So despite being knocked out of the cup which is probably a blessing in disguise I must admit I thought it was a fabulous cup tie with a bit everything thrown in, possibly the best night entertainment I have had for 15 quid since I visited Amsterdam 20 years ago :)

Iorfa is one big reason we have tightened up at the back. Im not going to go off on one with Doherty but he concedes too much ground and cant get back when out of position, Iorfa if he makes a mistake can get back in and defends crosses miles better then Doherty.

Back