• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 4-2 Millwall: The Sako Send-off Verdict Thread

End of season review, I still think Kenny Jackett is struggling to fit his better players into a cohesive system of play. I hope over the summer he finds one system that uses both Dicko and Afobe to best effect.

Just seen the goals. Nouha's second is a stunner. Their second was horrendous defending/goalkeeping though.

The club.....what the fuck was with playing loud music during the lap at the end?....just let the fans sing songs to the players...stop trying to coerce an atmosphere....
quite a few people round me were really annoyed by the music.
Also I must have heard shouty man bellow "Get behind our team Wolverhampton Wanderers" at least three times.

Disappointing to miss out but I was resigned to it before kick off. Not that you can pick and choose when you get in the top six or go up but I'm not sure we'd have beaten Boro/Norwich over two legs anyway. Lots of positives though, Dicko was outstanding yesterday and that second goal was fantastic. We really aren't far away, big chance for us next season if we can invest in the right areas.

Finally back home after a weekend away.

Downbeat on leaving the ground on Sat (particularly with a drive down the M5/M42/M40 & M25 to look forward to), but after a weekend seeing family & a good meal out with my sons yesterday have recovered my equilibrium.

Reality is that it wasn't Sat which did for us (despite conceding 2 crap goals) it was the other what ifs during the season. Our race was done once Brentford scored the second as Wigan aren't capable of coming back from that.

Sako was immense & clearly determined to score (to the extent that he took shots when a pass across the 6 yard box might well have given us more goals, though I will forgive him that).

You just knew what Nouha was going to do for his second well before he did it - suspect Milwall's defence knew as well, just nothing they were going to be able to do about it.

A good weekend nonetheless - bring on the 2015/16 season!

Back