• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Odd time to move too. I hope we go in a different direction now, getting in a quality coach who would be a progression to the first team. My worry is that Kevvy T is going to employ another he likes rather than for the good of the club.

As nice as a guy Edwards comes across his ability as a manager hasn't shown through.

I think he's probably taken the move for his own career - let's face it, there's a 0% chance we were ever going to groom him to take over from Nuno (whenever that happens).

It's a good job for whoever wants it. Tons of money firing into that side of things (none of it counts towards FFP), constantly looking to improve facilities, willing to recruit from all over Europe and some very promising players already here.

Why not?

He's tactically astute, knows the club, knows the first team training methods and is already bought-in to Nunoball.

The Hearts fans aren't particular fans of his style. He's far to wedded to stats and has all the charisma of a stick of celery (apparently). Those aren't particularly good for youth team players.

No thanks.

Cathro needs to stick at what he is good at and that isn't direct coaching. Nuno has employed him 3 times ( i think) for a reason and you won't see him leading training sessions.

Be interesting to see who we go for. No doubt Jeff will have the final say, especially as he was making big noises about the Academy last season. Sadly for Johnny, it is clear that Jeff currently trusts the judgement of the Kevster so we may end up with his choice.

A couple more for BAS tonight in a cup win against Derby. They're doing well considering half the first choice XI is crocked.

They're not very good at identifying talent are they?

ha, I went through the last few years out of interest too. Sancho and TAA aside, the rest are largely unknowns, or at best squad players. I guess PL XIs are pretty hard to break into tbf. Noticed BAS on there for Norwich a couple of years back too

Hasn’t Campbell been playing as a wing back for our teams?

U23's lost 4-3 v Liverpool today, bit of a comeback from 4-1 down.

BAS scored 2 more. Putting himself in with a shout of the 1st team, certainly the Villa Cup game with his scoring form at the moment

Langers was right all along. Steve Davis is the man to lead us to glory

the young Wolves players spent time visiting the Museum of Ceramics

Party hard lads....

(I believe there was a cracking Owl Sanctuary down the road as well)

I was in that museum on the morning of the play off final in 2003. Anything to keep my mind off the game, it didn’t work...

Back