• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Forest at home in FA Youth Cup

Sorted out my tickets now for PSG on the 20th, looking forward to that.

One for the academy I assume?

http://www.football-oranje.com/psv-loses-talented-defender-to-wolves/

According to Eindhovens Dagblad, PSV Eindhoven are to lose talented centre-back Nigel Lonwijk to Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Follow Football-Oranje on Twitter
The English club are set to sign the 17-year-old, who is highly rater in Eindhoven, for a fee of €220,000.

The centre-back is currently a part of PSV Eindhoven’s U19 side but had not made the step up to Jong PSV yet. Lonwijk has also represented Netherlands at U16 level.

PSV lost Nigel’s brother Justin to Utrecht in the summer.

Interesting!

U23s beat Birmingham 2-1 in the PL Cup today. Ashley-Seal got both goals.

Morecambe beat Carlise in the Leasing thingy Trophy which means our U21 side progress.

I’ve really liked what I have seen of him

What kind of crowds do normal U23 games attract? Just wondering really, compared to tomorrow nights crowd... Have heard of lots of people getting tickets for it so hopefully it's a decent turn out for them

What kind of crowds do normal U23 games attract? Just wondering really, compared to tomorrow nights crowd... Have heard of lots of people getting tickets for it so hopefully it's a decent turn out for them

At Telford not that many really. At Molineux they normally get a few thousand in

I was at Telford for an U23 game many years ago when Steven Gerrard made his return from injury.

The place was rammed, mainly kids and not many Wolves fans.

I was at Telford for an U23 game many years ago when Steven Gerrard made his return from injury.

The place was rammed, mainly kids and not many Wolves fans.

We had something like 16k for a reserve game at Molineux when Bully was coming back from injury. Played Man Utd and I missed the first 10 mins of the game due to the amount of people trying to get in the Billy Wright. As the game was being played we had to walk from the BW around the pitch to the Bully stand to watch the game.

We had something like 16k for a reserve game at Molineux when Bully was coming back from injury. Played Man Utd and I missed the first 10 mins of the game due to the amount of people trying to get in the Billy Wright. As the game was being played we had to walk from the BW around the pitch to the Bully stand to watch the game.

Was supposed to be Geoff Thomas' comeback too but he missed it (and ended up not playing again all season).

Was around October 1993 I think? So a fair chance at least some of Neville, Butt, Scholes, Beckham etc played. Never got a programme or a team sheet though.

Was supposed to be Geoff Thomas' comeback too but he missed it (and ended up not playing again all season).

Was around October 1993 I think? So a fair chance at least some of Neville, Butt, Scholes, Beckham etc played. Never got a programme or a team sheet though.

Pretty sure the most of them played and maybe Fergie Jnr as well

Seem to remember Darren Shaw being our best player on the night by a mile. Disappeared without a trace down the Shaun Bradbury exit tunnel.

I went to that one too, sat in the NB if I remember rightly. As DW says got to see all the future England stars with Butt supposed to be the star player.

I seem to recall Dion Dublin playing Centre Forward, not running much but being a great focal point for the others to ping passes into and play off. Their movement was brilliant.

I was there too. Dublin looked really good, was hopeful we would sign him one day.

I went to that one too, sat in the NB if I remember rightly. As DW says got to see all the future England stars with Butt supposed to be the star player.

I listened to a podcast, I can't remember who it was though and they said at youth level Butt was an absolute monster and would dominate pretty much every game, at the time scholes was miles off as he was small and asthmatic so ended up at left back.

It was only when Scholes started to develop physically he became the player we all recognise. The individual reckoned at one point no one thought Scholes would make it

Sure I've read before that he was going to be released and Fergie blocked it.

Nicky Butt was decent tbf. Just was around at the same time as possibly the best midfield four there's been in English football over the last 40 years. By the time he left United he'd had it.

Back