• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Good to see our academy lads are keeping to the club philosophy of not scoring any goals...
*ironic half grin emoji*

Buur looks to be the only player who we would have like to have got out who we didn't - assuming he's not injured? 20 on loan in total by my reckoning. Jordao when fit I assume makes our bench

Buur looks to be the only player who we would have like to have got out who we didn't - assuming he's not injured? 20 on loan in total by my reckoning. Jordao when fit I assume makes our bench
Do you know the long Jordao is out for mate? Also what's happened to Shabani?

His Instagram would indicate he's going to be out for a fair while as he had surgery in June and was resting with a huge cast on his left leg.

Do you know the long Jordao is out for mate? Also what's happened to Shabani?
Shabani did another cruciate last season so assume he's out at least for the rest of the calendar year. Nando's post above refers to Jordao I believe

Marques going on loan to Belenense it seems, decent top flight move if he plays

Under 23's 1-0 up against West Ham. Harry Birtwistle opens the scoring after a nice move.

Yerson is starting, but looks very, very raw. I think those hoping for an instant impact in the PL may be disappointed. Early days, though.

It's live on the app or youtube.

Under 23's 1-0 up against West Ham. Harry Birtwistle opens the scoring after a nice move.

Yerson is starting, but looks very, very raw. I think those hoping for an instant impact in the PL may be disappointed. Early days, though.

It's live on the app or youtube.
i thought mosquera looked decent to be fair, confident with the ball at his feet, quick, strong and good in the tackle.

It's obviously u23 level but he didn't scream 'raw' from what i saw.

I'd agree he's not stepping straight into the PL though.

i thought mosquera looked decent to be fair, confident with the ball at his feet, quick, strong and good in the tackle.

It's obviously u23 level but he didn't scream 'raw' from what i saw.

I'd agree he's not stepping straight into the PL though.
Oh yeah, he looks talented - and he's bloody massive. When I said "raw", he had just hoofed one away under no pressure straight back to the West Ham CB, and then he tried to play a one/two with one of our lads and got the ball tangled up under his feet and lost possession. He looks alright, though - but I don't think he'll be getting ahead of Boly/Coady/Saiss/Kilman as it stands.

I like the look of our number 11 (Campbell?). Looks very neat and tidy.

Mosquera doesn't look stretched and is taking it easy but he certainly doesn't look raw.

Oh yeah, he looks talented - and he's bloody massive. When I said "raw", he had just hoofed one away under no pressure straight back to the West Ham CB, and then he tried to play a one/two with one of our lads and got the ball tangled up under his feet and lost possession. He looks alright, though - but I don't think he'll be getting ahead of Boly/Coady/Saiss/Kilman as it stands.

I like the look of our number 11 (Campbell?). Looks very neat and tidy.
Ah ok, I might have missed that as I'm working.

Campbell is talented for sure, seems to have lots of time and know what he's going to do before he does it, if that makes sense?

We look ok with the ball, west ham just seem somehow bigger?

1 minute into the 2nd half, nice image of a West Ham lad vomiting on the pitch… 🤮

Campbell sent off in the last minute in a 1-0 win.

Campbell has ability but his attitude isn't the best, petulant and his teammates were frustrated with him not passing the ball to them.

Campbell sent off in the last minute in a 1-0 win.

Campbell has ability but his attitude isn't the best, petulant and his teammates were frustrated with him not passing the ball to them.
Is that your supposition or something you've heard?

Perhaps he feels he's better than the players he’s in with and thinks he should be involved in the first team squad.

Not a good look if true

Back