• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Wolves u23 drew 2-2 with Swansea u23 in the premier League cup

Wolves fielded an average age of 17.3 & Swansea 20.5

Wolves u23 are now top of group F

Yeah was an extremely young team. I watched some of first half plenty of possession but got caught out twice early on

Must stronger team in the PL2 tonight for 23s so evidently ‘prioritised’ this one.

Taylor Perry back playing. Which is good as was a shame he got injured as his loan was going pretty well. Can see him getting a first team bench spot at some point this season.

Griffiths has put us one up. For a second year scholar he looks very promising.

Is Perry very highly thought of then? I know nowhere near enough about the academy players.

Yeah, he played in plenty of the pre-season games (was involved as long as a couple of years ago at Villa in the League Cup)

Think he’ll have a pretty decent EFL career. Cundle has the higher ceiling IMO but Perry is closer due to age and experience at this point.
And physicality, he's clearly up to men's football now, still question marks on Cundle there (I think he'll be fine but y'know)

And physicality, he's clearly up to men's football now, still question marks on Cundle there (I think he'll be fine but y'know)
You worry that Cundle becomes looked at in the same way as Ronan. It’s a shame from my own philosophical viewpoint on football but is also the reality of things.

18s are playing spurs now for a place in the fa youth cup quarter finals. It’s on YouTube. We’ve started brightly

1-0 up. Deserved and good goal. Wing back to wing back

Our u18 team isn't too bad at all, much more potential than some in the u23s.

It'll be interesting to see them develop

3-0 flattered Spurs. Fraser himself could have had 4/5.

this group has a really nice balance to it. Lembikisa and Birtwistle terrorised them down the right for a lot of the game, then Roberts went over to that side and scored another.

griffiths is very, very good. That’s a good signing at £500k if that was the price. Playing alongside an U16 too

like all of the back three too. Tipton has a chance too I think.

Some good things happening, at least!

Back