• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I reckon that team would give some of our Lambert teams a run for their money

2-0 up at half time. Two Campbell goals. First after a sweeping move forward & the second was a free header on the edge of the six yard area - he was picked out by Chiquinho’s cross.

Really like the look of Birtwhistle & Bueno. Toti is a Rolls Royce at this level (far too good). Unfortunately Mosquera on the other side has been fairly disappointing. Looks nervous and has been skinned down the outside a couple of times. Also given it away sloppily twice, that I can remember. Chiquinho even at this level looks raw & hasn’t really done anything (other than one decent cross which we scored from). If we had a better player up top than Harkin (who’s never making it here in a million years), we’d have scored more. Cundle & Perry ticking over nicely in the middle.

Reading got it back to 2-1 (long ball down Toti's side and he made a mess of it), but a Mosquera header from a corner makes it 3-1 Wolves.

Why on earth have they got the stupid goal music at a near empty stadium hosting under 23 football?! 😂

Chatting to myself here, but for those of you not watching, Chem Campbell has just curled in a beautiful free kick to make it 4-1 and to get his hatrick. We’ve got a player on our hands there.

Chatting to myself here, but for those of you not watching, Chem Campbell has just curled in a beautiful free kick to make it 4-1 and to get his hatrick. We’ve got a player on our hands there.

Been laid low with a migrane since about 3.30pm and it was your posts that alerted me the game was on now I am vaguely alive, watching now.

Would much rather he get some minutes rather than Trincao from now on. At least he'll try.

Delighted to see the live chat on the U23 game on YT, is people arguing about Traore...

Always hide them anyway but that made me hide it extra quick.

Been laid low with a migrane since about 3.30pm and it was your posts that alerted me the game was on now I am vaguely alive, watching now.
Ah, as a fellow migraine sufferer I absolutely feel your pain. Hope you’re feeling slightly better now!

Game finished 4-3. The Wolves lads were out on their feet and had to withstand an onslaught from Reading to hold on.

Chiquinho went on one mad run from the middle of our own half in to their penalty area and probably should have had a penalty but the ref was miles away and didn’t give anything. He’s going to infuriate a fair few. Probably worth a punt at the level we paid, but he’s miles off being a first team player at the moment.

The Chiquinho run was good, definitely a pen, he's a strong lad but a bit ungainly.
Was a weird game, Reading's goals came out of nothing and really poor defending. While we scored 4, thought the u23s were a bit similar to the first team in that they were quite risk averse and playing the ball backwards (often unnecessarily) put us under pressure.
Think DWs idea of giving Campbell some first team action is worth a try.

The pitch quality looks dreadful, you might see a better Chiquinho on a proper pitch

The pitch did look bad, the lad that got their 3rd looks massive. Is he as big as it seems or was it just he was the biggest there?

Thought that was a pen too and it's great dribbling, good weight on the bit push pass to burst through.

Just bought tickets to the U23 game against Albion in a couple of weeks at Telford. Will be good to see some of the kids live

Back