• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Are you saying he has the eye of the tiger?

It's the Premier League International Cup tonight, i think it's being streamed through wolves player / youtube.

I think we're playing Hamberg, you may get chance to watch the next Nathan Fraser!

Hertha Berlin, do not associate HSV with being any good at all at the moment (they are not) :D

@machin05 spotted a load of them at the game last night

Winners of group A of the PLIC. I guess we move onto a knockout phase

"The top two teams from each group and the two best third-placed teams advance to the quarter-finals.

In the knockout stages, the ties are decided in one-off matches, with extra-time and then penalties required if the match is level after 90 minutes.

All matches are played in England."

I assume it's a typo about penalties if the match is level after 90

Giles going back to the Championship at Hull (still pending) got me thinking about how, as far as I can work out, that leaves Gibbs-White as our sole youth product in the Premier League. Was also trying to work out how many others still playing that we have in Championship, it's not many and all semi recently?

EPL
Morgan Gibbs-White - Nottingham

Champ
Ryan Giles - Hull (Luton)
Luke Cundle - Stoke
Dion Sanderson- Birmingham
Niall Ennis - Blackburn

Am I missing anyone?

An interesting aside, a Google rabbit hole led me to find out that Andre Gray, now in Saudi league, spent a brief time at our academy when very young.

Thanks all. Of course: Danny Batth he's from Brierley Hill!

I think Lee Evans and Hakeem Odoffin are cases where its a bit grey, depends on if you think the u21s squad also counts as academy. I think the u21s squad was also then u23s by time Kilman was first signed I'm sure he was with them for his first few months. I wouldn't classify him personally as an academy product.

Back