• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

The Togolese Joe Namath, innit.

Credit to the club for standing by his contract so far, but now I think it's time to offer him a healthcare package and let him go.

I don't think employment law lets you do that. The insurance would pay Wolves the rest of his contract and healthcare costs but the club would have to continue the healthcare or at least provide the financial means for Boukari to continue that provision somewhere else.

I think if there's an insurance payout he has to retire professionally. Shame we didn't see the best of him.

However it works over there. Just want to make sure his health is taken care of but he's surely no longer a footballer.

It was a shocker of a tackle on Reid

And now Simpson limps off. Game struggling to flow

I think if there's an insurance payout he has to retire professionally.

Correct. When Brian Law came back to play for us having originally retired while at QPR we had to pay the insurance company back what they'd paid out (£134k I think). Mike Marsh couldn't carry on playing for Kidderminster after they won the Conference as he'd had a payout and the club couldn't afford to repay it.

3-0 Wallace, good counter attack

Bloody hell. You couldn't make it up.

poor Boukari, broken leg is it? doubt he will come back from this..feel sorry for him

Okay, back home now from the game. A decent workout and a decent result for the under 21s.

I missed the first goal, got there five minutes into the game by which time Reid had netted from a Boukari (!) cross. As I arrived Boukari had an effort blocked in the penalty area, from a cross from the right side. We were the side well on top, with decent possession but not creating so much. After 30 minutes, Boukari leaped for a challenge and went down in a heap. It was hard to tell what happened, a Fulham player had clattered him but it might have been as he jumped. On Boukari, he looked OK. He only sprinted once that I can rememer as I mentioned, chasing down cleared corner from our own box, beating a player and playing a lovely pass through to the left. But there was a hesitation to get forward quickly when we broke and you could see it playing on his mind. He was tidy in possession and good in the air. Ten minutes later, a swift counter attack from a Fulham corner put us two nil up. Simpson played the ball down the line to Wallace, who's neat tough around the defender and then cross left Ronan with an easy finish.

The second half was disrupted with another injury. As we broke away in a good position Reid was fouled, a dreadful challenge by the Fulham player. Reid had looked strong in the game, giving the centre backs a real battering and holding the ball up well. Technically he is not fantastic but you can see why he scores goals at this level. It was a shame he got injured, with another few minutes or so stopping the game. This slowed the game down and it became less tidy than the first half, with Fulham enjoying more of the ball in the Wolves half. We still looked threatening on the break, Hunte in particular looking dangerous for us. Flatt made sure of his clean sheet with two excellent stops. The first after a poor kick left his goal exposed and he tipped over the bar to stop the Fulham played who picked up the loose ball scoring. The second a similar, but better and strong stop denying the Fulham's midfielder Smile (yes that is his name). The third and final goal came on the break. O'Hanlon (now on at right back) maintained composure at the back to bring the ball down the right after some frantic play, playing inside to Wallace. Wallace set the ball to Ronan, who switched the ball quickly to Hunte bursting down the left. Hunte got the better of his man, crossing for Wallace who had sprinted half the length of the pitch (and this was the 80th minute) to get on the end of his cross and tap home and complete the scoring.

Flatt - Very vocal, rarely did he stop talking at all though if I was on his team his communication would panic me, the manner he does it. Kicking not great but made two fine saves.

Simpson - quick and decent one v one. Moves the ball quickly but crossing was inconsistent and sometimes got caught out of position. Solid player
Upton - big for an 18 year old. Decent on the ball and strong, so be interesting to see how he develops. Tough ask for him to break into our team though.
Carter - slightly older and think he was captain. Clearly had more game time than Upton but not sure he's not much better but more confident than Upton.
Deslandes - probably the closest out of the young players to the first team due to his position and the lack of back up for Golbourne. He's tidy on the ball, defends well in the air and on the floor. I wonder if his strong position is in the middle because he sometimes gets sucked into the middle slightly. But I like him as a left back and can see him getting an opportunity at some point.

Saville - I can't work him out. The intensity of the game wasn't that high being an under 21s game but whenever I watch him he looks good on the ball but without a change of pace and cutting pass that influences the game.
Rowe - Ran a lot. Kicked Hyndmann a lot. Gave away the ball a lot.

Wallace - can tell he still needs games as he doesn't quite look to have the burst of acceleration his game when taking on the defenders and looked visibly tired at times in the second half. But showed good determination to get on the end of the cross for the third and set up a goal, so I imagine he will be happy with his game.
Ronan - Still has some developing to do (physically and mentally) but boy does he have talent. His back heels and first time flicks to open up space are joyful to watch and despite being tiny, he doesn't let that have a detrimental effect to his game. Off the ball he buzzes around the ball and is a pain in the neck for the opposition, whilst on the ball he shields the ball so well.
Boukari - as mentioned, tidy on the ball, didn't want to sprint. I do feel sorry for him, yes he earns a lot of money but imagine being a footballer and not being able to play? It must hurt a lot.

Reid - decent for this level but can't see him progressing much further. Lots of goals so far this season mind so maybe he will prove me wrong

subs

Hunte I like him a lot. Tricky individual with an eye for a good pass and burst of acceleration to beat a man. People have seemingly questioned his attitude but he worked tirelessly today. He looks like the type who needs games at a first team level and I hope he gets it here to be honest.
Wilson - Quick, and showed flashes of individual skill so you can see why he is rated. Didn't see a lot of the ball as he played in the period where Fulham controlled the game better
O'Hanlon - Forced to play right back to cover the injured Simpson. Played pretty well, he's a good footballer and communicated well to the players in front of him when out of possession.

cheers YW for that match report!

Boukari a lot like Stu Holden in that regard. Highly-esteemed and just can't go a match without putting himself back in square one. At least Holden realized it's no longer worth the heartbreak. I assume this will be Razak's last go at it.

Let's get him better and let his contract run out. Poor guy.

Boukari a lot like Stu Holden in that regard. Highly-esteemed and just can't go a match without putting himself back in square one. At least Holden realized it's no longer worth the heartbreak. I assume this will be Razak's last go at it.

Let's get him better and let his contract run out. Poor guy.

Unfortunately for Razak I doubt he has the same retirement opportunities as Stu did/does. He was absolutely beloved here.

Cheers for the report YW.

Must have been a good midfield battle because Emerson Hyndman and Josh Smile are both high quality in the Fulham side.

Cheers YW - an excellent report.

I do feel for Boukari - absolutely appalling luck and that'll surely be it for him now.

If he has any sense he'll quit now. Batistuta had so much trouble with his knee after retiring that there was a danger of him having his leg amputated.

I've just spoken to one of the Wolves players. Razak is in bits, and the players are gutted for him. Cruciate for sure, according to them.

How bloody awful [emoji45]

Back