• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Derby Matchday Thread

Norman Deeley

Dean Saunders's Press Officer
Reaction score
Just two wins needed...

Ruddy Bennett - Coady - Boly Doherty - Saiss - Neves - Douglas Cav - Afobe - Jota

Subs: Norris, Batth, MGW, Costa, Hause, Bonatini, N'Diaye

Would have started Costa over Afobe or Jota personally but I’m always happy with our line ups this season!

Much more balanced line up. 3 points would be lovely

Not unhappy with that - opinions as to which 3 of the 4 start upfront. Have the other to come on if needed anyway

Bit harsh on Costa who I think was the best of the lot against Cardiff, but it's still very decent.

Like someone said on the build up thread, what I want more than anything is a regualtion win. Control the game, no heart attacks, no-one sent off

Would personally have gone for Costa over Jota but Nuno seems very much a fan of having someone with a lot of pace to come off the bench.

Would personally have gone for Costa over Jota but Nuno seems very much a fan of having someone with a lot of pace to come off the bench.

Fairly sure that Derby squad is the oldest in the Championship - Wolves are the 3rd youngest

Jota's not exactly slow, I wouldn't say Costa is miles quicker. But if we're going to play a striker then having to have any one of Cav, Jota or Costa on the bench is a nice position to be in.

Perhaps Costa's not 100 %? Wasn't it said on the Cardiff thread that he became a father on the morning of that game?

Yeah, really early in the morning. He’d have been knackered and his head rightly elsewhere. No problem with the front three as long as Afobe’s playing through the middle and Costa will change the game when he comes on.

Jota's not exactly slow, I wouldn't say Costa is miles quicker. But if we're going to play a striker then having to have any one of Cav, Jota or Costa on the bench is a nice position to be in.

Without wanting to sell Jota's pace short, I can't remember the last time he just ran away from a defender. Doesn't seem to be his game lately. Tiredness, perhaps? Much as the "foreigners are weak" line is bullshit, any player would surely struggle with their first 46 game season (with no winter break, to boot).

Would have started Costa over Afobe or Jota personally but I’m always happy with our line ups this season!

Is there some sort of agreement with loans that say that the ’loanee’ has to play a certain amount? I’m asking this, as I don’t believe that Afobe’s record and style of play really warrants his inclusion. Still, at least we have not actually purchased him and can send him back to Bournemouth at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derby are literally dripping in championship experience from front to back.

I hope we stuff them.

There can be (see Grujic at Cardiff). Unlikely we'd do that though. I think we turned down Gallagher from Southampton because of a similar clause, as well as stupid wages.

Passing well off the mark at the moment.

A little flash of Autumn Jota there. 1-0. Cool as you like.

Back