• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves dream team

DannyCorf

Reaction score
Wolves follower for 20years. Just for a bit of fun.. Whats your best wolves 11 from the past 20 years. Go..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wolves follower for 20years. Just for a bit of fun.. Whats your best wolves 11 from the past 20 years. Go..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sadly I'd have to leave out most of the best players I've seen in a Wolves shirt as I go back to the mid 70's!

------------------------------Matt Murray---------------------------

Kevin Foley----------Keith Curle-------Joleon Lescott-----Jackie McNamara

Michael Kightly------Alex Rae---------Karl Henry---------Bakary Sako

----------------------Steve Bull--------Robbie Keane-----------------------

Subs: Mike Stowell, Kevin Muscat, Sam Ricketts, David Jones, Colin Cameron, Steve Froggatt, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.

Just off the top of my head...

Matt Murray

Dennis Irwin; Jo Lestcott; Dean Richards; Jackie McNamara

Michael Kightly; Alex Rae; Geoff Thomas; Bakary Sako

Robbie Keane; Steve Bull

Last edited:
------------------------------Matt Murray---------------------------

Kevin Foley----------Keith Curle-------Joleon Lescott-----Jackie McNamara

Michael Kightly------Alex Rae---------Karl Henry---------Bakary Sako

----------------------Steve Bull--------Robbie Keane-----------------------

Subs: Mike Stowell, Kevin Muscat, Sam Ricketts, David Jones, Colin Cameron, Steve Froggatt, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.

I'd have this but with Irwin at right back as the only change to the starting.

Bench - Hennessey, Ricketts, Cameron, Froggatt, Ebanks-Blake, Jarvis, Craddock

So very similar overall, what age are your DW?

Can't disagree with BMB and DW's teams (Irwin RB too). As much as people think Kightly is a judas he's also one of the best players I've seen in a Wolves shirt.

I'd have Cameron instead of Henry and I'd have Pollet in for Curle.

As for right back I'd have it like this: Foley > Muscat > Irwin.

I'd go DW's team except, Irwin for Foley, Cameron for Henry. I'd be happy with Curle or Ludo alongside Lescott ( was gunna say Shirtliff but apparently he falls out side the parameters....was he really more than 20 year ago?)

------------------------------Gary Breen------------------------------

Gary Breen----------Gary Breen----------Gary Breen----------Gary Breen

Gary Breen----------Gary Breen----------Gary Breen----------Gary Breen

-----------------Gary Breen----------------------Steve Bull

Subs: Gary Breen Gary Breen Gary Breen Gary Breen Gary Breen Gary Breen Gary Breen

Sacrilege I know, but if you are strictly keeping it to the last 20 years then I'd have SEB ahead of Bully who would be in his 30's in this period.

Bully still scored 23 goals in 1996/7 tbf and his fledgling partnership with Keano in 1998/9 looked superb until he got injured.

Murray

Muscat---Lescott---Richards---McNamara

Kightly----Rae------Cameron---------Sako

Bull--------Keane​

Subs - Hennessey, Curle, Foley, Jarvis, Osborn (loved him as a kid) Ebanks-Blake, Afobe

Bully still scored 23 goals in 1996/7 tbf and his fledgling partnership with Keano in 1998/9 looked superb until he got injured.
I always blame Martin Kuhl for the demise of God... :-(

Murray
Iorfa curle lescott froggatt
Kightly Thomas Ince Sako
Bull Keane

Stowell McNamara Richards Cameron Jarvis Fletcher Raw

What's scary is how few really classy central midfielders we've had in the last 20 years.

Murray

Irwin---Richards---Lescott---Naylor

Kightly----Rae--- Ince ------Sako

Bull---Afobe

Subs - Stowell, Curle, Foley, Jarvis, Ebanks-Blake, Fletcher, Keane,

Ince plays with Rae as I have gone for all out attack and Sako wont track back. Notice how I have left footed players playing on the left? I wonder if KJ might try that some time. Gone for Stowell as the back up keeper as he was more consistent for me than Hennessey and a better communicator- nearly 400 games so deserves a shot.

Murray
Irwin, Lescott, Richards, McNamara
Knightly, Rae, Ince/Cameron, Sako
Bull, Keane

Can't decide between Ince & Cameron. If I had to pick one, Cameron probably gets the nod.

Subs: Hennessey, Curle, Craddock, Kennedy, Jarvis, SEB, Ndah (only because I loved him so much!)

It'd have to be Fernando Gomez for me :D

Surprised so many people are going for Irwin, he was bang average in season one and embarrassingly past it in season two.

Back