• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves dream team

Scored a freekick on his debut though, day he.

My memory is pretty awful these days TBF so I probably remember him being a lot better then he was! I didn't pick Foley due to the big pile of meh his career became and didn't pick Muscat due to his questionable temperament. Maybe I should have had them both ahead of Irwin.

I almost picked Wardinho at LB instead of McNamara.

Surprised so many people are going for Irwin, he was bang average in season one and embarrassingly past it in season two.

Your bang average would be my Mr consistent and thats what was needed hence his inclusion for me. Foley had one great year too but it was all downhill from there. Muscat was great but a walking red card. I was tempted by Millijas or Cameron in for Ince but thought better of it.

He was consistently 6/10 followed by 3/10, I'll give him that.

Murray
Richards & Mancienne
Kightly, Ince, Rae, Kennedy
Fletcher, Sturridge

Can't really recall any full backs that have actually stood out for me.

I honestly don't know what you watch at a football game Papper. Mancienne?????

Mancienne... Wow

"Can't think of any full backs who have stood out" .... Well I can think of 5 or 6 Central Defender who were better than Little M

I honestly don't know what you watch at a football game Papper. Mancienne?????

Promotion and PL teams when Mancienne was playing. Admittedly - went off the boil latterly.

We got promoted in spite of Mancienne

Promotion and PL teams when Mancienne was playing. Admittedly - went off the boil latterly.

Jo Lescott made more appearances before his twentieth birthday and was far better than Michael Mancienne before he went on to win league titles and England caps. Also, go back and look at how badly Sako rinsed him at Forest last year. It bordered abuse!

Lunacy.

Mancienne started eight games in our promotion year. All of Stearman, Berra, Craddock and Collins played significantly more than he did, he wasn't anything like an important part of the team. Then in the Premier League he was hopelessly out of his depth at centre half and we played him as the most uninspiring defensive midfielder in the world.

Definitely better than Premier League winner Joleon Lescott.

Jo Lescott made more appearances before his twentieth birthday and was far better than Michael Mancienne before he went on to win league titles and England caps. Also, go back and look at how badly Sako rinsed him at Forest last year. It bordered abuse!

Lunacy.

Sako vs Mancienne at the City Ground last year was an absolute bloodbath! Not sure which was worse, that or Antonio vs Doherty at Molineux.

Mancienne started eight games in our promotion year. All of Stearman, Berra, Craddock and Collins played significantly more than he did, he wasn't anything like an important part of the team. Then in the Premier League he was hopelessly out of his depth at centre half and we played him as the most uninspiring defensive midfielder in the world.

Definitely better than Premier League winner Joleon Lescott.

Why was Mancienne brought into the team?

Overall yes you would have to say Lescott but if you compare them at the same stage both with the U21 caps etc you cannot just write Mancienne off. As far as I am concerned he played very well for us and he was highly rated. Didn't Lescott play full back for Everton?

Lescott played about half a season at left back for Everton, he won the Premier League at centre half for Man City. Mancienne couldn't even be trusted for a bottom five team at centre half.

Lescott was a better player at 17 than Mancienne has ever been. There is no comparison at all.

Mancienne over Lescott!

There's not a face big enough in the world to hold the amount of palm necessary for that.

Perhaps I'm swayed by the Wolves going up as Champions and surviving the first season in the PL.

Then surely Berra would be a more suitable candidate being as he played way more football in both seasons at centre half. And he's also better than Mancienne.

Then surely Berra would be a more suitable candidate being as he played way more football in both seasons at centre half. And he's also better than Mancienne.

But for injuries/returning to his parent club he may have matched Berra.

(I'm obviously only going by these players form/impact in a Wolves shirt)

Lescott V Mancienne in terms of career there is absolutely no contest.

Back