• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves dream team

Lescott vs Mancienne in a Wolves shirt there's no contest. Mancienne had what, ten decent games for us across three seasons if you were being generous? He wasn't even that impressive in the Championship in what was the best team in the division where he had to do relatively little defending, he struggled badly vs Cameron Jerome at Molineux and Patrick Agyemang of all people tossed him around like a rag doll at Loftus Road.

If you're judging it on individual merit then I can't see how you'd even have him in the best 10 centre halves we've had in the last 20 years. As a component of a team achievement of promotion/survival he played relatively little part and there were others who deserve far more credit - especially at centre half where he made about four appearances in his final 18 months with us.

Lescott vs Mancienne in a Wolves shirt there's no contest. Mancienne had what, ten decent games for us across three seasons if you were being generous? He wasn't even that impressive in the Championship in what was the best team in the division where he had to do relatively little defending, he struggled badly vs Cameron Jerome at Molineux and Patrick Agyemang of all people tossed him around like a rag doll at Loftus Road.

If you're judging it on individual merit then I can't see how you'd even have him in the best 10 centre halves we've had in the last 20 years. As a component of a team achievement of promotion/survival he played relatively little part and there were others who deserve far more credit - especially at centre half where he made about four appearances in his final 18 months with us.

Maybe Capello saw something different.

Why was he brought into that Championship side and what was the effect?

He was brought into the Championship side as Craddock was injured, we hadn't been able to sign Berra in the summer window and Mick was evidently unimpressed with Shackell. We got about the same points return with him in the team as we did across the season.

Tons of shite players have been called up to the England squad. Zat Knight and Anthony Gardner for instance.

He was brought into the Championship side as Craddock was injured, we hadn't been able to sign Berra in the summer window and Mick was evidently unimpressed with Shackell. We got about the same points return with him in the team as we did across the season.

Tons of $#@!e players have been called up to the England squad. Zat Knight and Anthony Gardner for instance.

He was brought in because we had shipped fourteen goals in six games. The game prior to his full début we had Collins and Shackell.

After that we conceded eight goals in twelve games until he was recalled by Chelsea to cover injuries.

May as well go the whole hog and stick Matt Hill down at left back on that basis. 30 points in 13 games when he started and we only let nine goals in.

By the way, two of Mancienne's last ever acts in a Wolves shirt were to gift a shocker of a goal away at Blues which cost us two points and then get absolutely torn to shreds by an ancient Jason Roberts on the final day, hauled off with us 3-0 down at half time. Hall of Fame stuff indeed.

This is a ludicrous argument, I'm out.

I'm so confused. Even if we were just considering individual performances for Wolves rather than their overall careers, Lescott still shits all over Mancienne

Fookin hell.

Next up. Paul Jones better than Matt Murray...

Next up. Paul Jones better than Matt Murray...

- Saved a couple of penalties
- 50 more international caps
- Played in more Premier League wins for Wolves than Murray
- So good we signed him twice

Case closed.

I'm so confused. Even if we were just considering individual performances for Wolves rather than their overall careers, Lescott still shits all over Mancienne

Papper's gonna Pap.

As I've only properly followed Wolves since 2011, my team is sure to be awful!

Marcus Hahnemann

Dominic Iorfa
Richard Stearman
Christophe Berra (we've not had many good CBs since 2011!)
Scott Golbourne

Michael Kightly
Jack Price
Kevin McDonald
Michael Jacobs
Bakary Sako

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

I'd have Nouha or Afobe over the 2011 SEB vintage.

Hahnemann was pure class.

I'd have Nouha or Afobe over the 2011 SEB vintage.

Hahnemann was pure class.

You could probably interchange them, IMO, but as Sylvan has the PL promotion on his CV I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. Tough as hell and you knew where u stood.

Commanded his area so well for such a 'small' keeper.

You could probably interchange them, IMO, but as Sylvan has the PL promotion on his CV I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I was going to argue that Sylvan's promotion was pre-2011 but I picked Bully in my team and I started watching Wolves in 95/96 so that's fair enough.

There was just some thing very endearing to me about the way everyone called him fat, and then he went and scored that bicycle kick against Millwall anyway.

-----------------Murray------------------
Thommo----Craddock----Lescott----McNamara
Kightly-------Rae------Cook--------Sako...
--------------Bull-------Keane------------

...............Murray
Foley Richards Lescott McNamara
Kightly Rae Henry Sako
.............Bull Keane

Back