• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

Michael Zyro has some serious promise about him as well. How many games did he play after leaving us ?

Still playing now in the Polish second tier for Wisla Krakow. He's only 31.

Managed to piece together a little bit of a career back home but it's a low standard and he's never been able to start many games by the look of it.

I remember being so happy for him when he set up Donovan Wilson’s goal in the league cup at Southampton. Never seen someone so happy to get an assist

I went to the Bristol Rovers game the round after and he started up front. Could see he was trying his absolute best but the body was just no longer anywhere near up to that level of football.

Also featured a quality performance from England's Will Norris, Oskar Buur's debut (and some total wanker next to me moaning about him non-stop for 90 minutes), Sylvain Deslandes playing like a left sided Zubar until we hooked him (awful footballer), Connor Ronan at RWB for extra time which was er, something, a then unknown Tom Lockyer getting sent off for them and a Bright winner. What an evening.

Bristol Rovers were really good on the night and seriously unfortunate to lose, so I kept putting them in accas for a few weeks after. Turns out they weren't actually very good.

Last edited:
Goodman for Peterborough is actually Gooding who we signed that Summer.

By my reckoning there's 14 players on there that had or did play for Wolves, 1 who was on trial and another who was manager

Last edited:
Goodman for Peterborough is actually Gooding who we signed that Summer.

By my reckoning there's 14 players on there that had or did play for Wolves, 1 who was on trial and another who was manager
Mick Gooding turned 65 yesterday, we're all getting old!

Missing a couple

Saunders
Regis
Clarke
Gascoigne
Gray
Gooding
Chard
Bull
Mutch
Kelly
Stewart
Langley
Sinton
Edwards

Genuinely one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. And looked about 50 in his 20s.

s-l400.jpg

Strange how few soft landings existed for players then. Left us in Div 2 after having an alright Div 3 career at Walsall (old league terminology) to go straight to none league still in his 20s.

I remember Graham Turner having to ask fans in his programme notes not to boo him as he was doing his best :D

Mark Atkins was another huge drop off a cliff. Right, he was crap but he'd won the Premier League in 1995 and been a regular for us for four years. Struggled to get any kind of deal when we released him in 1999 when he was only 30/31 and ended up with non-league and fourth tier deals until he finished.

Back