• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Preston Build Up

Langers

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've no bloody idea what KJ is trying to do with the team at the moment - the reasons he's given for dropping Mason make absolutely no sense at all. I'm hoping we'll have Williamson and Martinez available, which should mean we desist with this god-awful negative dross and actually try and win a football match.

My team:

Martinez; Iorfa, EEL, Williamson, Deslandes; Byrne, Saville, Price, VLP, Mason; Sigurdarson

I've had enough of Coady and McDonald flouncing all over the shop so I'd start Saville and Price in the middle, with VLP/Byrne offering a bit of pace down the flanks.

Obviously the team we see won't look anything like that but one can hope.

Looking forward to the day out and the ale in the Western, but I can't say I'm particularly excited about the football!

You and me both re KMac. A player who could really drive us up the league but who prefers to flounce around in midfield looking pretty.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see KMac, Coady, Saville retained in midfield with Mason asked to play wide right or wide left

That team would do me Langers, not going to happen mind. Just want to see some positive attacking play at home, a game we should be winning.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Like the look of that team but I just got a feeling It will probably be the same team as Saturday maybe Mason for Saville If Kenny is feeling adventurous.

We are going to have to put up with this uninspiring, turgid rubbish until we can get Dave Edwards fit again. We are desperately missing his link up play and attacking impetus.

It'd be tough on any of the team who showed a great deal of spirit and power to valiantly secure a point at the mighty Reading to drop any of them IMO.

In all seriousness, what was the line given for Masons absence? The team needs changes but I think every point under this dross justifies Ken in replicating it.

Not enough power to beat Reading.

It'd be tough on any of the team who showed a great deal of spirit and power to valiantly secure a point at the mighty Reading to drop any of them IMO.

In all seriousness, what was the line given for Masons absence? The team needs changes but I think every point under this dross justifies Ken in replicating it.

Because he wanted to play 433 - which is the reason he has rarely played ALF so god knows why he has spent money on another forward he doesn't think can play in his favourite system.

Whatever the formation was on Saturday it most certainly wasn't 433!

Because he wanted to play 433 - which is the reason he has rarely played ALF so god knows why he has spent money on another forward he doesn't think can play in his favourite system.

Jesus fucking Christ. I wish I hadn't asked.

I've no bloody idea what KJ is trying to do with the team at the moment - the reasons he's given for dropping Mason make absolutely no sense at all. I'm hoping we'll have Williamson and Martinez available, which should mean we desist with this god-awful negative dross and actually try and win a football match.

My team:

Martinez; Iorfa, EEL, Williamson, Deslandes; Byrne, Saville, Price, VLP, Mason; Sigurdarson

I've had enough of Coady and McDonald flouncing all over the shop so I'd start Saville and Price in the middle, with VLP/Byrne offering a bit of pace down the flanks.

Obviously the team we see won't look anything like that but one can hope.

Looking forward to the day out and the ale in the Western, but I can't say I'm particularly excited about the football!

If KJ picks that team I will walk naked around Hinckley town centre...

Well, it can't be any worse than the 1-1 at Deepdale earlier this season. Absolutely horrific.

I'd go for Langers' team but with Hause in for Deslandes if he's fit.

Whatever the formation was on Saturday it most certainly wasn't 433!
Kenny Jackett on dropping Mason.

He defended the move, saying: “I wanted to go 4-3-3 and that was the reason for it.
"I didn’t think we would be able to impose ourselves on Reading – they have a lot of good players and they move the ball very well and I felt we had to cover that in midfield.

“I was still very pleased with the start Mason made for us on Tuesday and he is a good addition for us.”

That whole article in the E&S is just the ramblings of a mad man, read if you want a good laugh.

How could we possibly be expected to compete with Reading and their mighty run of 2 wins in 12 games prior to Saturday.

Don't think there's any prospect of Hause returning, he isn't in the U21 squad for today's game vs Derby and I don't think there's any way he's going to come back from nearly four months out (with a setback along the way) without a couple of reserve games. Willo isn't playing today either and again he's been out since MK Dons, two and a half months ago, would we really chuck him straight back in? As much as I dislike Ken's current management I don't think he's as much of a dick as Saunders whereby he'd play patently unfit players to the potential danger to their future career.

As pre-Reading there are a number of players I definitely don't want to play - Ikeme, Doherty, Rowe and Coady - a couple who aren't in any kind of form and could really do with sitting it out for a bit - McDonald and Batth - and others where I'm deeply dubious about whether they're actually ever going to be good enough to play at this level in the long term - Saville, Ebanks-Landell and Van La Parra. But that's a massive swathe of our available players. Of course most of them will play.

The thing is personnel's becoming more and more irrelevant, it doesn't matter who you pick if you're not attempting to play any football, not having a proper go at attacking teams below us in the table, it'll look shit whatever team's sent out if that's the approach. Of course I would prefer Deslandes, Byrne, Price and Mason to get a game, just out of novelty if nothing else, but if all we're doing is sending 60 yard balls in the vague direction of a lone, isolated striker then they aren't going to have a chance to impress anyway.

Time will tell if I buckle and end up attending this one...

I've been to quite a few Preston matches this season with my mate who's an STH there. So I can say with some certainly that this is going to be one of the most hideously awful football matches you would ever see.

They are the most horribly limited, defensive, hoof and hope teams I have ever seen. Wolves, excepted, of course...

Back