• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

AFCON 2023 - Côte D'Ivoire (Jan 24)

I just press this button on my keyboard at 8am every day to be safe, as you never know when I'll repeat jokes from Roy "good stocking filler" Chubby Brown otherwise.

51933076-woke-word-on-keyboard-button.jpg
I don't recall letting you snap pics of my keyboard

I'm sure there'll come a point where I'm ludicrously outdated and say stuff that isn't on because it was fine before and why should I change...

But it ain't for now or any time soon. Or as I said the other week, I don't plan on ever saying "football was better in my day", no it wasn't, it was different. Don't confuse the two.

Ultimately we all have a choice and comedy in particular always moves at pace, you would never make Little Britain (horribly racist, let alone transphobic) now and it's less than 20 years old, if you make jokes that perpetuate stereotypes from even further back than that...well it's not a great look, especially if you aren't really old.
Matt Lucas is doing a Tweet a day from his account with a sketch from the first series which is now 20 years old. There's a lot of repetition character wise and even then the scenes are carefully selected. Not going to be a hypocrite I thought it was funny at the time.

Matt Lucas is doing a Tweet a day from his account with a sketch from the first series which is now 20 years old. There's a lot of repetition character wise and even then the scenes are carefully selected. Not going to be a hypocrite I thought it was funny at the time.
I think I did watch the first series and almost certainly laughed at some of it.

But I'll also have called Seyi "gay" at the time for his style of non-tackling, now there is a 0% chance I would describe any player that way now. You either move on or you don't.

I was sent a box set of the first season of Little Britain when I lived in Zambia. People there absolutely loved it 🤷🏻‍♂️

What do you think he could've done differently?
Come on now Johnny 😄
His punch out from the corner wasnt great, put them under pressure and ultimately conceded - yeah it was deflected but Senegal shouldn't have even been able to get a shot away, only for Onanas poor punch.
On the second, the ball is rolled across the penalty area and Onana doesnt react and concedes. He could have got down to another it but he stayed rooted.
The third is just a shit attempt at a dive, Mane rolled it into the corner from outside the box - Onanas positioning was terrible and he was slow to react. Hes had a nightmare game overall.

He’s just not very good and his reputation is baffling.

Ondoa may legitimately be the safer keeper and he plays in the bloody third tier in France.

Come on now Johnny 😄
His punch out from the corner wasnt great, put them under pressure and ultimately conceded - yeah it was deflected but Senegal shouldn't have even been able to get a shot away, only for Onanas poor punch.
On the second, the ball is rolled across the penalty area and Onana doesnt react and concedes. He could have got down to another it but he stayed rooted.
The third is just a shit attempt at a dive, Mane rolled it into the corner from outside the box - Onanas positioning was terrible and he was slow to react. Hes had a nightmare game overall.
Punch wasn't great but the defending was atrocious, nothing he could do with a deflection like that.

The ball isn't rolled across for the second, it's fizzed and a bloody good cross, nothing he could do with that either.

The third is bad positioning but it's a good finish.

Certainly not a joke performance.

1st one: Think Onana actually does fairly well to get as much on it as he does, having to come through the Senegalese player like that. Once it's back out at the top of box there's not much more he can do, IMO.

2nd: He should probably dive for it but seems to think his defense is better positioned. He should be stopping this one; do your job, don't wait for someone else to do it for you.

3rd: I don't know how much he can really do about this one. It seems slow but I don't think you'd expect that finish from Mané (or anyone, really) given his body position, and it's right in the corner.

There's just something about him (Onana) that's like the old "Bambi on Ice" cliché but for keepers. Never looks certain of anything until the ball is out of play.

That said, Senegal are the more talented side and some of those chances showed it; they weren't feeding on scraps, IMV.

Shout outs to Koulibaly still playing like he turned 50 when Chelsea bought him.

A genuinely awful manager, a complete con job of a career
God knows how he got the job. They’ve really good players - Lameck Banda is proper quality in serie A and he’s got them playing in the most boring defensive style going.

And now 1-0 down against a team with no coach and a bunch of non-league players.

The tournament really does confuse me. Regularly seeing teams with entire squads of players in top European leagues struggling against teams of nobodies.

Back