• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

AFCON 2023 - Côte D'Ivoire (Jan 24)

Ivory Coast getting battered here and going out.

Ghana 2-0 up in injury time, draw 2-2 and are likely to be out. Rough week for Palace fans as that means Ayew will be coming home early

Egypt heading through off the back of 3 draws as they concede in the 99th min to make their game 2-2

How are Ivory Coast getting spanked by Equitorial Guinea.

Team sheets on paper only get you so far innit. And there are decent players all over.

And CIV are a basket case as much as an international side can be.

All the sides I would've considered somewhere around the favourites seem to be getting some pretty disappointing results from what I've seen so far. Not sure if that's a sign that the nations who've tended to be stronger in years gone by are on the wane or other nations on their way up.

How are Ivory Coast getting spanked by Equitorial Guinea.
Btw, you should check the highlights. I don't know where CIV have found their current keeper, but he's appalling. Like, makes Lonergan look decent. It was that bad.

Mali through although Traore seems to have disappeared after a brief subs appearance in the first game

That result added to the first-timers in the next round. It will be a best ever finish for both Mauritania and Namibia now.

Mali through although Traore seems to have disappeared after a brief subs appearance in the first game
Didn't realize this at the time, but apparently he was called up as an injury replacement. Maybe hasn't really been in the manager's thoughts.

Weird, though, that he got on the pitch in that first match but wasn't even in the squad today from what I can tell.

Didn't realize this at the time, but apparently he was called up as an injury replacement. Maybe hasn't really been in the manager's thoughts.

Weird, though, that he got on the pitch in that first match but wasn't even in the squad today from what I can tell.
27 player squad so I assume you can't have 16 subs? He hadn't been in the squad for a fair bit so I was surprised he made it

His cap against RSA was his senior international debut, I think.

Guess all we can hope is that his manager isn't pulling a Trappatoni-lite on him.

Harsh on Zambia, they played well second half. Can only imagine they ignored the atrocious tactics from Grant.

Back