• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

All time World 11

Fucking go for it. It's a debate. If I see Alexei Lallas I will laugh, but I am sure you can make some strong choices.
I love Alexi but I never got to see him live. Sad but true. I'll keep it to those I've been able to really see.

Don't worry, my reticence is purely tongue-in-cheek.

So I am guessing time wise we are going to be post Lalas so 1998 on in terms of international. Still can make a good team there.

I love Alexi but I never got to see him live. Sad but true. I'll keep it to those I've been able to really see.

Don't worry, my reticence is purely tongue-in-cheek.

I saw Lalas live, shortly after USA 1994 I went to watch Napoli vs Padova and Alexi was playing for Padova that day

Best Spanish (still seen rather than all time list so I have to go from 1982)

--------------Zubizarretta

Carles Puyol Sanchis Fernando Hiero LEFT BACK!!

-Xavi-------Iniesta-------Michel

-------------Torres

Butragueno--------Raul

Hierro LB, Torres as a #10?!

Not having it, sorry.

Hierro is CB - I need a left back - it's 4-4-2 missing the left back. Could make it 4-3-3 and go Torres in the middle of Butragueno and Raul which would be bonkers.

Torres though, really? He spent longer being a bit of a joke than being actually good. One of the few top level players I've seen who was actually scared of the ball, he was dreadful for Chelsea.

Torres though, really? He spent longer being a bit of a joke than being actually good. One of the few top level players I've seen who was actually scared of the ball, he was dreadful for Chelsea.

I loved his early career with Atleti and Liverpool. Magnificent. The Chelsea move was wank but he won a champions league there. Euros winning goal for Spain is sort of decent.

--------------------Casillas---------------

Salgado------Ramos-------Hierro-------Sergi

------------------Guardiola------------------

------------Xavi----Silva----Iniesta-------------

---------------Raul-----Villa--------------------

I'll have a classic German formation for my German team:

-----------------------Kahn----------------------

-----------Kohler------Sammer-----Hummels-----

Lahm-------Matthäus---Effenberg---Kroos----Brehme

-----------------Müller------Klinsmann-----------------

Very tough to leave out Neuer, Reuter, Ballack and Völler there.

--------------------Casillas---------------

Salgado------Ramos-------Hierro-------Sergi

------------------Guardiola------------------

------------Xavi----Silva----Iniesta-------------

---------------Raul-----Villa--------------------

Salgado ahead of Puyol is vomit-inducing.

I'll have a classic German formation for my German team:

-----------------------Kahn----------------------

-----------Kohler------Sammer-----Hummels-----

Lahm-------Matthäus---Effenberg---Kroos----Brehme

-----------------Müller------Klinsmann-----------------

What is Brehme doing out there? Always thought of him as much further back. Voller? Ruemenigge? Augenthaler?

Salgado ahead of Puyol is vomit-inducing.

Puyol hardly ever played at RB after 2002 or so, he wasn't great there. Salgado was great and hard as nails.

Won a Champions League, given you're justifying Torres by that mark...

What is Brehme doing out there? Always thought of him as much further back. Voller? Ruemenigge? Augenthaler?

Rummenigge is before my time. Only saw Augenthaler at Italia 90 and he was knocking on then. Didn't even get 30 caps across his whole career as it turns out.

Brehme played LWB at Italia 90, Euro 92 and USA 94? Germany never moved from a back three until about 2001.

Völler was great but look at Müller's record, the weird awkward bastard with no proper position or skillset.

I know - but I like Rudi Voller, the dirty bastard when he wanted to be. Rummenigge was insanely good in 82 and 86. Augenthaler was great in 86. Anybody older than me is obviously going to want Gerd Muller and Beckenbauer in there but we can only go with what we saw.

Love the Sammer shout though great player. Rolls Royce.

I'll have a go at an Italian one:

----------------------Buffon----------------

Zambrotta----Cannavaro----Chiellini-----Maldini

-----------Giannini----Pirlo----De Rossi-----------

----------------------Baggio------------------------

-----------------Vieri------Vialli---------------------

Back