• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF World XI thread (1986-present) - CENTRE FORWARD VOTING OPEN

Nice one Dan, onto the next one!

No bite in the 2nd team's midfield. First team actually looks to have a realistic balance to it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I agree with Alan [emoji45]

No bite in the 2nd team's midfield. First team actually looks to have a realistic balance to it.

No bite? Roy Keane would have your arm off.

We'll just have to make sure Pirlo, Xavi and Scholes never give the ball away. Seems doable.

That forward line though, stopping them scoring would be a mammoth task

My team was:

---------------Schmeichel------------

Zanetti-----Cannavaro----Ferdinand-----Maldini

----------------Keane-------------------------

-----------Modric-------Zidane------------------

C Ronaldo-------Ronaldo--------Messi------

Only got six through. It's not my fault you lot don't appreciate Keane and Zanetti properly ;)

That forward line though, stopping them scoring would be a mammoth task

Ashley Cole has shut Cronaldo out tons of times, club and national level. There you go, there's that side of the pitch blocked off. They're caving already.

Could we somehow run a simulation of this? Does Champman still have an editor mode or some other technical wizardry?

I once saw Shaun Newton man mark CR7 out of a PL game at Molineux. It was Ronaldo's first season at Utd though and still pretty raw.

Ivan Piris once turned Lionel Messi into a nonfactor.

It happens.

Could we somehow run a simulation of this? Does Champman still have an editor mode or some other technical wizardry?

01/02 has custom databases knocking around but I doubt you'd find one that had accurately mapped all of these players properly, at their respective peaks :icon_lol:

Definitely fair to say the B team has no-one to really stop Zidane. If they ever lose the ball of course.

The final scores are in and to no-one's surprise:

Ronaldo - 72
Thierry Henry - 26
Marco van Basten - 17
Alan Shearer - 14
Gabriel Batistuta - 8
Dennis Bergkamp - 8
Raul - 6
Francesco Totti - 6
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 6
Eric Cantona - 5
Didier Drogba - 4
Michael Owen - 3
Robert Lewandowski - 3
Roberto Baggio - 3
Gary Lineker - 2
Luis Suarez - 2
George Weah - 2
Filippo Inzaghi, Wayne Rooney, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Diego Maradona, Miroslav Klose - all 1

Which makes our final team:

-------------------------Gianluigi Buffon-------------------------

Philipp Lahm------Franco Baresi--------Fabio Cannavaro---------Paolo Maldini

--------------------------Patrick Vieira------------------------------------

-----------------Andres Iniesta---------Zinedine Zidane-------------------------

---Cristiano Ronaldo---------Ronaldo------------------Lionel Messi----------------------

Not bad, eh?

Would our second choice team give them a game, I wonder...

---------------------------Peter Schmeichel-----------------------------

Javier Zanetti---------Carles Puyol-----Rio Ferdinand----------Ashley Cole

----------------------------Andrea Pirlo----------------------------------

-------------------Xavi---------------Paul Scholes------------------------

--------Ronaldinho---------Thierry Henry---------Ryan Giggs------------

And if we just restrict it to UK and Ireland:

---------------------------Neville Southall-----------------------------

Gary Neville-------Rio Ferdinand--------John Terry---------Ashley Cole

---------------------------Roy Keane-----------------------------

----------------Frank Lampard---------Paul Scholes------------------

--------David Beckham----Alan Shearer--------Ryan Giggs-----------

Which brings me on to the sequel thread! Same premise, but we'll just be going UK and Ireland. There'll be a couple of differences that I'll explain when I set the thread up (in the next 15-20 mins) and hopefully we get just as much, if not more response.

Thanks all for playing and debating!

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that the UK team could have theoretically played together as all were professionals playing at various stages of their careers , at the same time? Yes?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that the UK team could have theoretically played together as all were professionals playing at various stages of their careers , at the same time? Yes?

Yeah, Southall *just* overlaps with Cashley's career (after he'd left Everton though, and when he was on a whistlestop tour of short term deals down the leagues and one rogue PL game for Bradford)

Yeah, Southall *just* overlaps with Cashley's career (after he'd left Everton though, and when he was on a whistlestop tour of short term deals down the leagues and one rogue PL game for Bradford)

Thanks mate! Knew you would be able to confirm or oitherwise

Thanks Deutsch for a top thread - it's been a good read!

Thanks Deutsch for a top thread - it's been a good read!

You know me, I have my brilliant ideas then realise that they're a lot more work and a lot more time-intensive than I thought they'd be :icon_lol: Like that bloody game I (mostly) invented six years ago...

No major surprises I suppose in the final reckoning, in fairness some of the positions are absolutely non-negotiable to anyone who's even halfway knowledgeable and rational about football. So it's good to know TWF does know *something* collectively I guess...

If Part 2 goes well then I have a Part 3 left too to round it all off :)

Back