• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF World XI thread (1986-present) - CENTRE FORWARD VOTING OPEN

Ronaldo
Thierry Henry
Francesco Totti

First two stand out clearly for me, but so many options for that third spot.

Zlatan
Fat Ronaldo
van Basten

shit, forgot about Raul

offside_flag.jpg

Goal-iPad-Wallpaper.jpg

This is the toughest round of picks, I went with consistency.

1. Ronaldo
2. Henry
3. Shearer

Would have liked to put Raul in there as he was consistently brilliant, but I saw more of Shearer so that's what influenced me. I considered Totti and Suarez too, but for the same reasons, they lost out.

Ronaldo
Van Basten
Henry

Not in my top 3 but Tony Yeboah's absolute thunderbastard of a goal for Leeds that broke the land speed record is one of the best goals I've seen in the last 30 years.

Ronaldo
Henry
Raul

Really wanted to put in Zlatan but Raul just edges him out

Ronaldo
Raul
Totti

I almost had Aguero at #3 as I think he is phenomenal but don't think he has achieved enough to justify a pick yet.

Ronaldo Luiz Nazario da Lima (aka 'Fat')
Henry
Cantona

Ronaldo
Thierry Henry
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Steve Bull...

Fat Ronaldo (it seems so discourteous to call him that)
Alan Shearer
Gabriel Batistuta (I just love saying that in a Scottish accent!)

Roberto Baggio
Marco Van Basten
Diego Maradona

Could we have a final poll for the manager who would manage these?

It's not like me to issue propaganda videos. But I'm doing it this time.

Is Messi the best ever, quite possibly because of the longevity of him and the ridiculous numbers. Would never knock him in a million years. But if Ronaldo had stayed fit...he was just the ultimate forward. You couldn't want any more in terms of skill, pace, strength, finishing...he was like a cheat player on a video game. It isn't fair that he was that good.

I agree. Messi is the best all round player i've seen and possibly will see but as forwards go Ronaldo was something else. There was a reason they called him the phenomenon.

Back