• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF World XI thread (1986-present) - CENTRE FORWARD VOTING OPEN

PS sorry for late title amendment - I wasn't online last night. Blame Jinky - the lazy git managed to submit his names into the thread hours ago but didn't edit the title. Shocking moderating IMO.

I apologise. I was drunk and fuming at the lack of Ginola love.

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Frank Ribery
Pavel Nedved
Ryan Giggs
Luis Figo

Christiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Ryan Giggs
Thierry Henry
Arjen Robben
David Beckham

David Beckham
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ryan Giggs
Luis Figo
Robert Pires
Ronaldinho

Right, change of plan. This is another walkover for the two winners so trimming it slightly short - apologies to anyone who fancied a late vote but a) it wasn't going to make any difference and b) don't be so bloody tardy in future ;)

Want to get this wrapped up for completion's sake and so we can start the next thread (which I think people will like).

Lionel Messi - 154 (wins due to most first place votes)
Cristiano Ronaldo - 154
Ryan Giggs - 54
Ronaldinho - 51
David Beckham - 41
Thierry Henry - 37
Arjen Robben - 35
Luis Figo - 29
Pavel Nedved - 13
Gareth Bale - 12
Neymar - 7
Hristo Stoichkov - 6
Robert Pires - 6
Diego Maradona - 4
Eden Hazard - 4
Franck Ribery - 4
David Ginola - 4
Marc Overmars - 4
Thomas Müller - 2
Mesut Özil - 1
Kenny Dalglish - 1

Final one then. Your main striker. Should be fairly unambiguous, everyone knows what a central striker is.

I'm out for a chunk of tomorrow so let's say votes close at 7pm. Then I'll sort out the scores in the evening at some point.

Mods, title please, ta.

Much like i said with Messi, if you saw Ronaldo play at his best then he has to be number 1 imo.

Ronaldo
Henry
Batistuta

Fat Ronaldo
Eric Cantona
Alan Shearer

Oh, and after the abuse today... TITLE CHANGED!

I know he's not the best but I can't not have him top of my list.

Francesco Totti (which my phone just tried to autocorrect to "Tortilla")
Ronaldo
George Weah

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gabriel Batistuta
Ronaldo
Filippo Inzaghi

ronaldo
Henry
Van Basten

Much like i said with Messi, if you saw Ronaldo play at his best then he has to be number 1 imo.

It's not like me to issue propaganda videos. But I'm doing it this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inuok-M_fCI

It hurts to not put Shearer at #1 because he was just unreal. But Ronny...there aren't any words. Even when he was fat and totally knackered, have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6CVFATY7Aw

Is Messi the best ever, quite possibly because of the longevity of him and the ridiculous numbers. Would never knock him in a million years. But if Ronaldo had stayed fit...he was just the ultimate forward. You couldn't want any more in terms of skill, pace, strength, finishing...he was like a cheat player on a video game. It isn't fair that he was that good.

Filippo Inzaghi

offside_flag.jpg

It's not like me to issue propaganda videos. But I'm doing it this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inuok-M_fCI

It hurts to not put Shearer at #1 because he was just unreal. But Ronny...there aren't any words. Even when he was fat and totally knackered, have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6CVFATY7Aw

Is Messi the best ever, quite possibly because of the longevity of him and the ridiculous numbers. Would never knock him in a million years. But if Ronaldo had stayed fit...he was just the ultimate forward. You couldn't want any more in terms of skill, pace, strength, finishing...he was like a cheat player on a video game. It isn't fair that he was that good.
He and Totti are the only two players I can think of that have had highlight reels that truly matched their hype.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Real Ronaldo (only player who beats Zidane overall for me - he was just brilliant)
Henry
Weah

Ronaldo
Van Basten
Bergkamp

So many I had to leave out, that was tough.

Back