• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Andreas Weimann - Welcome to Molineux

They signed him and Ince in the same window which is just ridiculous. Like when we signed Hunt when we already had a miles better left winger.

Strikes me as a pretty humble guy tbh, I don't think he'd be the type to kick up a fuss as long as he's getting game time and we continue to improve as a team under Lambert. If he does get a move we'd be looking to recoup our £7M and the only type of place he's going to end up in at that price is a footballing backwater like China or a semi decent Russian/Turkish team and he's only just turned 23 (a fact some Wolves fans are very keen to overlook when slating the poor guy). A little too early to be effectively writing your career off by moving out there.
Judging from Ivan's Instagram he's an absolute teddy bear of a man. Most of his posts are pics of his dog!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Weimann is not scoring much, but intelligent on and off the ball with great movement and can be a handful for some teams to handle.. 3.5/5 for me

Weimann is not scoring much, but intelligent on and off the ball with great movement and can be a handful for some teams to handle.. 3.5/5 for me

He will bamboozle the opposition players bar the goalkeepers.:D

Im sure he will come good soon.. His fitness looks good now but desperately need a goal to relax a bit..

Good signing to compete for one of the slots behind the striker or potentially get given a go as the front man. Probably better than Mason and we needed cover for Costa/Cav. Hopefully doesn't limit Ronan or Brights game time too much

Happy with this, if they slot him in where Mason has played that's an instant upgrade for me.

To be honest, I've never been that impressed when I've seen him. Seemed a bit of a nothing player.

But it's only a loan and we do need some genuine competition for wide places so no harm in it and I wish him well.

To be honest, I've never been that impressed when I've seen him. Seemed a bit of a nothing player.

Indeed. Our new owners came in promising the world and we end up signing players on loan who cannot get a game in a team in the same division as us. And people wonder why I am underwhelmed by our owners.

They didn't promise the world. They said their aim was Premier League football.

Seems like you're demanding instant results Frank, which is very unlike you. Mainly because you should know very well that nothing gives you that, other than to continually throw money after money until some players work, then write off the ones that don't.

I've never seen you advocate that way of thinking so am wondering why the sudden sea-change in philosophy. Especially since you're usually the patient, give people a chance, type of person.

You've already seen (and criticised) from last summer that spending large amounts in a short space of time doesn't always work. Yet now you're seemingly not happy with taking a longer-term approach, and being more selective with our targets either.

I honestly don't know what you genuinely want from the new owners, other than general soundbites like "promising the world" and "being underwhelmed".

I honestly don't know what you genuinely want from the new owners, other than general soundbites like "promising the world" and "being underwhelmed".

And what was the alternative anyway? We could have stuck with a totally disengaged Morgan or...I dunno, magicked up some different owner from somewhere?

I don't understand the stance at all, there are frequent inferences that they've lost interest and won't fund us any further which is just crazy. Have they made mistakes, yes, like most new owners do as they don't fully understand football when they first come in and have to trust those close to them (who often have their own vested interests). But they will sort it out. It looks like we have a good manager now for a start, he's a new man after Villa.

Given we were going absolutely nowhere anyway then FOSUN get a tick from me just for letting me watch Helder Costa for a year.

I can't believe some are scoffing at a player with more than 100 Prem appearances entering what should be the prime of his career. As Derby themselves have proven so aptly, you can't just buy your way out of this division.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

An ok, if slightly "old boys club"' signing. He's probably not the signing we want or feel we need as fans but he is a decent player and far better than bringing in a Leon/Sagbo type player we've seen at Molineux in recent years.

Welcome to Wolves Andi.

Back