• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Andreas Weimann - Welcome to Molineux

Indeed. Our new owners came in promising the world and we end up signing players on loan who cannot get a game in a team in the same division as us. And people wonder why I am underwhelmed by our owners.

Fosun don't sign players, Kevin Thelwell does. If you want a pop at somebody I suggest you turn your ire in that direction.

I do wonder what our owners have done to you as you clearly do not like them, why is this?

I don't think Lambert is the sort to sign players because he likes their personality or because they laugh at his jokes, he seems a canny guy to me and I think he only signs players who fit into his plan. I also believe the signing of Weimann and the interest in Marshall should dispel any lingering fears that Lambert is not the one calling the shots on signings.

As I said elsewhere, rewind to January 2016 and we would be spaffing our pants at the thought of Lambert being here and signing the likes of Weimann rather than the ineffective shit we've signed in the past.

After early doubts about Lambert I am fully on board now and to write off Fosun at this stage is absurd and it's the kind of impatience which has been our achilles heel over the years. We must be patient here because something good could be happening

Fosun are having to learn quickly about how to run a football club. Let's give them the chance to do that rather than criticise them for what seem to be very harsh reasons.

Really can't understand this degree of criticism of them TBH. Not after such little time.

Fosun don't sign players, Kevin Thelwell does. If you want a pop at somebody I suggest you turn your ire in that direction.

I do wonder what our owners have done to you as you clearly do not like them, why is this?

I don't dislike them, I just cannot see what they have done to improve things. Last season we were an average championship side, this season we are not even that. Given the fanfare when they took over I must admit I expected Wolves to at least be competing in and around the play offs.

We are way better to watch this season than last, it's not even close.

Good god, I give in. It's like having conversations with Waggy and Manhattan. I won't bother again.

I don't dislike them, I just cannot see what they have done to improve things. Last season we were an average championship side, this season we are not even that. Given the fanfare when they took over I must admit I expected Wolves to at least be competing in and around the play offs.

I really don't get this Frank... We were less than average last season and with Morgan still in control we would be worse.
Fosun came in on July 21st 2016 and the transfer window closed at the end of August so they had about 8 weeks to sort out some signings. Of "their" signings you could not call Costa or Cavaliero "average".
How are we worse than average compared to last season? After the dross served up by Jackett, Zenga was a breath of fresh air. Should he of had the job? Nope, but as our first and 2nd choice fell through we went with him.
They, and Jeff Shi in particular, realised the folly and have rectified it by bringing in a manager with a real plan and things are improving on the pitch. Would Jackett of got this kind of turnaround? Again, nope... Lets see how things pan out for the rest of the season under Lambert and give him the chance to instigate the style of play he wants, the signings that fit that plan will then come

Good god, I give in. It's like having conversations with Waggy and Manhattan. I won't bother again.

You asked questions and I answered them. Just because you disagree does not make you right.

The owners made mistakes last summer, and in my opinion they have made a mistake in appointing Lambert. But of course only time will tell.

You asked questions and I answered them. Just because you disagree does not make you right.

The owners made mistakes last summer, and in my opinion they have made a mistake in appointing Lambert. But of course only time will tell.

Did you have a preference for Zengas replacement?

Yes, Gary Rowett.

Ah, I kind of get this but he was in work. It's a real shame that Brum decided to keep him for that extra 3 weeks and didn't dump him while we were manager hunting

Ah, I kind of get this but he was in work. It's a real shame that Brum decided to keep him for that extra 3 weeks and didn't dump him while we were manager hunting

Contracts mean nothing in football Darlo. We should have gone for Rowett. Lambert may do well, and I really hope he does, but I am not convinced he is the man to get Wolves promoted.

Based on what? The basket case of a club Villa was when he took over there?

Who knows if we did or didn't go for him. We probably didn't but we don't know do we. At the time Walter has binned he was as secure as secure can be at Blues and doing a grand job so would have been unlikely to jump ship to the arse end of the Division. Their new owners had a brain fart though and have seemingly buggered up his hard work.

On Lambert...compare how we are playing now to how we were when he first came in and it's world's apart. Enough to offer the thought he has the ability to do good things with Wolves.

Lambert seemed to do ok getting Norwich promoted who I would say are more comparable to us than Villa or Blackburn

Strikes me as a pretty humble guy tbh, I don't think he'd be the type to kick up a fuss as long as he's getting game time and we continue to improve as a team under Lambert. If he does get a move we'd be looking to recoup our £7M and the only type of place he's going to end up in at that price is a footballing backwater like China or a semi decent Russian/Turkish team and he's only just turned 23 (a fact some Wolves fans are very keen to overlook when slating the poor guy). A little too early to be effectively writing your career off by moving out there.

Wasnt he under a 3 year contract where we brought him frrom and only spent a year there, strikes me as a mover like Benik was using us a stepping stone.

I wanted Rowett too but it's fair to say Lambert has a far better track record at this level than Rowett so why do we turn our nose up at PL? Maybe we got sucked in by all that bollocks about AVB et al.

After being underwhelmed by PL early on I am now getting a bit excited about how he is turning it around and shaping his squad

I think we all got a bit sucked in by the (in hindsight) ridiculous rumors flying around in the summer. We were linked with Bernardo Silva FFS!

Frank, I would urge you to rewatch Zenga's first press conference. Both he and Shi stressed that this would be a process. One that might not bear immediate results.

All Fosun promised was diligence, persistence, and the funds to make the most of those traits. Thus far, they have delivered on all counts. There have been bumps in the road, but we were warned of this. The hype train was our own creation, not Fosun's.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I can't even be arsed to explain what is wrong with your first paragraph.

Wasnt he under a 3 year contract where we brought him frrom and only spent a year there, strikes me as a mover like Benik was using us a stepping stone.

Thing is he's not really been amazing yet or shown his full potential so it might not be as easy for him to find a bigger club to go to this summer. If it was Costa who we'd bought I'd expect someone to come in with a big offer to take him away, I'm not sure that would happen with Cav.

Back