• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Andreas Weimann - Welcome to Molineux

I'm surprised you haven't got Dicko in there.

.....and Bright is non UK

To be fair, and I will admit my memory is shocking, there hasn't been that many standout foreign midfielders in decades for Wolves.

Cue some git to reel off hundreds now.... and I'm not accepting Andrew Surman :)

I'm surprised you haven't got Dicko in there.

.....and Bright is non UK

Trying to avoid players who were already in the UK if possible, because it's not really "foreign scouting" then. We have no choice with a couple of them but we do have a selection up top, Vio was a proper overseas signing and was very good in his own right.

Couldn't really have Bright as our missing CM, he doesn't play there...

I think we're going to have to go with Fernando Gomez. Just don't expect a midfield of him and Nenad to ever stop anything.

Would Henri Camara not be in the XI, whatever his faults he wasn't a bad player. I can't think of any decent foreign central midfielders, but then I'm struggling to name more than 4 quality central midfielders in the last 15 years.

Edit: sheer fuckwittery on my part.

Would Henri Camara not be in the XI, whatever his faults he wasn't a bad player. I can't think of any decent foreign central midfielders, but then I'm struggling to name more than 4 quality central midfielders in the last 15 years.

Camara's in there as much as I dislike the scrote:

Hahnemann

Stuart
Pollet
De Wolf
Elokobi

Costa
Gomez
Milijas
Sako

Camara
Ganea

I do like that central defence, that's perfect.

I'd have Havard Flo above Camara even though he was shit. Camara was a cunt.

Didn't Flo score in the FA Cup game against Arsenal when we lost 2-1 at home?

Iversen should've been a class apart too. Not to be though.

He did, I didn't mind him, cumbersome as he was. He was bloody brilliant when we beat Ipswich at home at the back end of 1999/2000. Fell out with Colin Lee though and that was that.

Iversen was comically unfit when we signed him, so we got him up to speed...and then dropped him. Good work DJ.

Yep

Camara was a knob. I'd rather have Van LaParra

Brian Moore isn't it?

And while Camara was indeed a knob, Raj wasn't a whole lot better in that respect :icon_lol:

I suppose Allan Nielsen would be a potential candidate for CM but a) he wasn't ever ours and b) had played in England for years so not ideal.

Back