• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It's not JUST the image though is it? We have the footage too! Luiz doesn't win the ball and smashes his head into another player. He didn't mean to do it, but his actions are out of control and therefore he's unable to stop himself.

If you are driving a car in a manner where you are unable to stop yourself from hitting into a tree, you've lost control haven't you.

Raul is the tree.
Agree - what’s the difference between a late tackle, for which he would have been sent off for clattering Raul milliseconds after the ball had gone, and a header where he’s battered Raul after the ball has gone?

the second is much more dangerous and no punishment at all?

Concussion tests in football were probably written by the same idiot who wrote the EFL fit and proper persons test.
I think it was the British Medical Association so no, no they're not the same and astonishingly not idiots

Agree - what’s the difference between a late tackle, for which he would have been sent off for clattering Raul milliseconds after the ball had gone, and a header where he’s battered Raul after the ball has gone?

Agree completely - an out of control player going into a tackle gets sent off regardless of intent. This does way more damage and is much more dangerous yet it’s accepted as an accident. It’s bull shit.

Rugby is attempting to protect players more by being very harsh on high tackles regardless of accidental impact, intent or anything - because they are very dangerous. Football needs to wake up.

Because changing direction in mid air is not an easy task ?

One, it's not my argument, that squiggly line thing at the end is a question mark, it was a question !
Two, you cannot change direction in mid air

As far as I am concerned, I don't give a flying fuck if it is an accident or a red.
I care about the health of Raul, and how his wife must feel clutching a new baby in her arms.
So let's not start point scoring on this in our posts eh lads, and think of who and what really matters!

Fractured skull for Raul. Out for a long time I'd guess, hopefully he recovers fully for his young family more than anything.

I think it was the British Medical Association so no, no they're not the same and astonishingly not idiots
It's FIFA and the FA. If the BMA are involved in that then they need an urgent review as to why they have protocols a decade behind their own medical research.

All other collision sports have up to date protocols. Football doesn't and that's shameful.

Incredible, for the most facetious bloke on the forum that you couldn't identify a hint of it in my post.

Wolves have confirmed Raul fractured his skull

:(

He's going to be out for a long time with that, if not permanently...

Awful diagnosis. All the very, very best to him in his recovery.

That’s not good - although it depends on the severity - Petr Cech had one and made a full recovery, mason of hull had one and had to retire with crippling headaches for more than a year.

I really hope Raul has a standard one that just requires rest, and no brain injury.

fucking awful.

It's FIFA and the FA. If the BMA are involved in that then they need an urgent review as to why they have protocols a decade behind their own medical research.

All other collision sports have up to date protocols. Football doesn't and that's shameful.
That was Shearers argument last night the last sport to take it seriously, what I don't understand Arsenals medical staff are the medical staff for the British and Irish Lions etc. yet Luiz was allowed to play on for another 40 minutes ?

Thats bad news, hopefully he'll recover enough to carry on with his normal life whether or not he ever plays football again.
Ih, and can we not have the petty squabbling that sometimes infests this forum on this subject

That’s fucking awful.

I wish him all the best for a speedy and complete recovery.

Back