• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (H) 12/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with Forest currently 1 up this game provides even more pressure. We could easily going to be 4 points adrift by the end of today

Not really, 19th or 20th is immaterial, we're in a bad position by the break come what may. And this is a game we've (nearly) all written off.

Lopetegui needs 25-30 points but we knew that anyway.

Jeez,, pineapple head misses a penalty and MGW scores !!! Typical.

Well, with Forest currently 1 up this game provides even more pressure. We could easily going to be 4 points adrift by the end of today
5 off safety as it stands if you include GD

Could do without Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth winning

Everton are pants. Should finish ahead of them, Forest and Saints.

Who decided there could be a 2:45pm kickoff again? I like my football with my morning coffee. :cry:

Pretty sure the idea is that we've appointed a superb manager to lift us out of the mess. A mess caused by leaving a rank amateur and a League Two manager (who has done his best) in charge for half a season.

We all know we've been shite. Off to the ground shortly, like nearly every home game for 34 years.

The sense of entitlement is baffling on here. We sh!t stained pants at the mo. Continue to play as we are, then we will go down. Hopefully fans at the ground don't have the same outlook as some folk on here.
Digging at Punts is unfair, he's correct in theory about all 3. I do agree that there's a general perception that Lopetegui will turn up and it'll be alright, which certainly isn't a given. We are deep in the shit

Football isn't played on paper and squad value though. As evidenced by our last season and a half.

Football isn't played on paper and squad value though. As evidenced by our last season and a half.

Point surely is that all those teams are rubbish.

If we don't finish above them then we will go down. I don't see any arrogance, just we have more of a chance under Lopetegui than Lage. We would have more of a chance under Graham Turner than Lage.

The sense of entitlement is baffling on here. We sh!t stained pants at the mo. Continue to play as we are, then we will go down. Hopefully fans at the ground don't have the same outlook as some folk on here.
Wow.

I’m well aware we aren’t very good. I’d like to think with a top level manager +/- some new recruits we will finish above 3 awful teams.

Point surely is that all those teams are rubbish.

If we don't finish above them then we will go down. I don't see any arrogance, just we have more of a chance under Lopetegui than Lage. We would have more of a chance under Graham Turner than Lage.
Yes that was the point I was making. Our position is down to the manager, not the squad of players.

Biggest thing for me is we’ve been a mess all season. A team that didn’t know how to attack that didn’t like their manager and then a team who are pretty open and have started to score more but are led by a non league manager.

Take all that in to account and it’s not like we’re getting battered every week and we’re not cut adrift at all. Now it’s not a given but a manager of Lopetegui’s pedigree should be backing himself to get this squad above several of the teams above us.

As DW said we’ve had a over promoted PE teacher, and a Lg 2 manager ( who seemed to have got us playing a bit better and with a bit of team spirit) we are where we deserve to be

I just hope that we're all right and that this group of players actually does have a higher ceiling than they've shown in the year 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back