• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It's going to take more than a week in Marbs for him to get over the systematic destruction of his ancestral homeland.

That's assuming that was the root cause of his brainfart last night. I'm more inclined to believe that he had a bad day at the office and will hopefully learn from the experience.

Dropping him would be the worst possible move at this point. Apart from being fickle af, it would shatter his diminishing confidence at a time where we should be helping him rebuild back to 2021 levels.

I think there's a lot of projection going on re Kilman and Ukraine. I have no way of knowing whether it's affecting him or how much, but struggle to believe it's not on his mind when he gets back for a brilliant goal line clearance, but is when he ambles back after getting opened up by a ball over the top. 2+2 = 5 imo, however even if I were to go with the theory the only solution would be to drop him indefinitely as unfortunately that situation isn't something which is going to be resolved any time soon.

Last edited:
Think it will help when we're up to a proper level of fitness, we still fade and need some better subs to take over. Just another part of Lages legacy.

I'm with Del on Kilman, he's an average player who had a good spell rather than a good player going through an average spell. There's no standout element to his game at all.

Our subs are definitely an issue for now , but I think it will soon get much better :

1 ) Raul is either not fit enough or the Manager does not want him . Let's hope it's the first one .
2 ) Neto is still not available .
3 ) B. Traore is injured again .
4 ) Guedes is just not working out at all .
5 ) Ait Nouri / Bueno....maybe we'll soon play both together . A real possibility I think .
6 ) Cunha - should soon get up to speed .

Pretty much all posters on the pre match thread said that they would take a draw . We got one and got lucky re a possible red card and penalty , plus the late missed chance .
I'll take that .
4 points from a possible six from our last 2 away matches - not bad at all .
There are 8 teams in the mix re relegation , and Palace seem to be mad keen to join the list as well . That's a lot more than you would usually get . Leicester are the best of those 8 and they're buying no one this January , so have to rely on what they have . They had a purple patch before the break , lets see how they get on now . You can rule nothing out .
We're definitely much improved , better set up , have Collins and Nunes playing much better now , but still need more , way more up front . We have however a new Management team and that means better morale , a fitter squad , new players hopefully and a better togetherness .
Other clubs in the 8 have not changed Management and therefore will not get that bounce . Moyes is well used to fighting relegation - should help them .
4 points from our first three league fixtures under Lopetegui - it's the best we could have hoped for I think . Two cup fixtures up next where he can try out things with no damage to our league position ( playing Rayan and Hugo together ) .
I would like think that we surely have to improve from here on again as JL gets to know the players better and beds in his style more and more plus re inforcements .

I'm with Del on Kilman, he's an average player who had a good spell rather than a good player going through an average spell. There's no standout element to his game at all.

I think he's really good on the ball for a centre half, always comfortable receiving under pressure. Defensively I'd agree.

It's going to take more than a week in Marbs for him to get over the systematic destruction of his ancestral homeland.

That's assuming that was the root cause of his brainfart last night. I'm more inclined to believe that he had a bad day at the office and will hopefully learn from the experience.

Dropping him would be the worst possible move at this point. Apart from being fickle af, it would shatter his diminishing confidence at a time where we should be helping him rebuild back to 2021 levels.
You said a week off...

Definitely need that midfielder then.
This may sound like a bad luck story, but why do we keep finding these little gems, Neto, Chiq, Mosq and now Bouba, who show such potential, then they get some iniquitous injury and we lose them for months on end?

Bloody frustrating, especially in Neto’s case who hasn’t come back to the form he once showed pre injury.

It’s like one step forward and two steps back

Neto and Chiquinho are just bad luck, I mean you can't account for a thug slicing you in half in a behind closed door pre season friendly. Traore is frustrating but it's only been a couple of small injuries. Mosquera may be made of biscuits or just unlucky. I'm surprised he hasn't been involved with the 23s recently, he definitely needs to go away and play.

This may sound like a bad luck story, but why do we keep finding these little gems, Neto, Chiq, Mosq and now Bouba, who show such potential, then they get some iniquitous injury and we lose them for months on end?

Bloody frustrating, especially in Neto’s case who hasn’t come back to the form he once showed pre injury.

It’s like one step forward and two steps back
I'm hoping the medical team that had been renewed will sort this out.

We used up all of our medical karma in our first Prem season.

Did we have even a single significant injury that season?

Reactions: b3h
Jota had a spell out in November/December I think

Jonny had a few weeks out in February too I think

But yeah we didn’t get too many in general in them first two seasons. But the coaching, sports science and medical team were so clearly on the same page.

Every now and then, as much as the club have made stupid decisions since then, I rue the timing of a fucking pandemic when we were the best we’ll ever be in my lifetime.

I'm hoping the medical team that had been renewed will sort this out.
They should improve matters , but that pre season tackle on Chiquinho can't be stopped by any medical team . It was worse than disgraceful .
Sasa - would he have been bought with our new medical team on board one wonders ? Although he was playing for his previous club just weeks before he arrived .

Back