• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 goal wins this I think

I don't think so at all - Villa are the league's worst offenders for losing after taking the lead and conceded 59 goals.

I'm not saying we'll smash them but even if they take the lead it's not the end of the world.

Seeing their team (this doesn’t mean it’s anything to fear) has made me think this is the right team. It’s either a diamond or 433 so we will be able to protect the middle of the pitch better.

Can see then targeting Coady in the air so Saiss and Boly will be really important as usual

Hope we can continue this winning trend, but it wont be an easy game this.

Seeing their team (this doesn’t mean it’s anything to fear) has made me think this is the right team. It’s either a diamond or 433 so we will be able to protect the middle of the pitch better.

Can see then targeting Coady in the air so Saiss and Boly will be really important as usual

Think they're going 442 diamond, so would agree 352 from Wolves seems the safer bet to compete to begin with, shouldn't miss the wide forwards too much as wing backs will take advantage of their narrow midfield and more numbers in the middle to match them there.

Neves v Grealish will be interesting, if Villa have a lot of possession then Neves is perhaps going to have to man mark him at times to keep Coady spare whilst the other two centre halves pick up men, if Wolves get on the ball more then I expect Grealish to shirk a lot of his defensive responsibility.

Targett with his usual injury excuses against us for when he has to face Traore later.

surely he cant continue?

Theyd be daft to keep targett on, once you’ve tweaked it, it’s going to go properly later.

Can't believe how fast Targett has tried to get out of this, fucking gutless. That's embarrassing.

very slow start, is it extremely hot in Birmingham today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back