• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bast signing this Season

It's Gomes on the whole.

We needed Dawson but you could have probably found 20 centre halves in Europe that would have done a similar job for a similar price if you looked hard enough. All you had to do was be competent and tell Max the Pear where to stand.

Gomes is an absolute steal for the money and he'll either be a brilliant player for us for years or we'll make a lot of profit very quickly.

Yeah we need to absolutely fleece someone if Gomes leaves in a year or two.

(Fuck I wish people knew how to pronounce his name though)

Yeah Joao Gomes, although I think we could’ve been fucked without Dawson.

I think it’s the prospect of what’s to come that is exciting everyone.

Surprised at how many have picked Gomes.

Yeah for the future sure, but he hasn't really affected things as much this season as Dawson or Lemina.
We don't live in a rolling six month bubble, that's the thing.

That could be a signing every bit as good as Neves and Moutinho have been.

“Could be” is doing a lot of work there, tbf.
You're going to have to trust me on this one.

He cost what Ruben did six years ago (apply your own inflation tariff over that period, either way, it's cheap) and he fits Premier League football like a glove already.

One of those where (no dig at all intended) it doesn't necessarily show on TV.

Before Dawson come in Kilman and Collins were a clusterfuck. Dawson coming in has contributed to all those home wins and clean sheets towards the end of the season. So Dawson pisses this one for me.

You're going to have to trust me on this one.

He cost what Ruben did six years ago (apply your own inflation tariff over that period, either way, it's cheap) and he fits Premier League football like a glove already.

One of those where (no dig at all intended) it doesn't necessarily show on TV.
A lot of shit can happen, that’s all. All lights are green so far, though.

No offense taken! Hard to deny that my eyes aren’t quite good enough to see Molineux from here. Damn inconvenient, I’m telling ya.

Anyway, can we talk about how he ripped his shirt again? Cuz that does get bonus points.

Surprised at how many have picked Gomes.

Yeah for the future sure, but he hasn't really affected things as much this season as Dawson or Lemina.

I like lemina. I was one who said when he was signed he'd be one of our best signings but the only reason Gomes hasn't affected things like those two is the fact he hasn't been picked. He's been excellent in every single game he's played for us.

“Could be” is doing a lot of work there, tbf.

I'll call it now. Gomes will play at a higher level than any of our previous players, he won't be playing for wolves at 26 like Neves, he'll be at City, Barca or Real.

Back