• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bast signing this Season

Dawson. Could not stand him for the opposition teams when playing against us, but now seeing why he was largely very popular at every club.

Daws hasn't pulled out the cunt elbows and snide crap with us which makes me think it was explicit instruction from Pulis and the like.

He's miles better than I thought he'd be. I can see him being a Goodman type post-playing career, played for Albion and Wolves but only ever talks about us. He seems to love it here.

Find him a better partner next season, please. Because he's had to do a fucking lot of heavy lifting.

That’s David Garcia at Osasuna isn’t it? It’s a link that keeps appearing abyways

Guedes is my signing of the season, the fury and rage I have towards him has finally made me realise that's what I actually need as a football fan.

Its like how in Red Dwarf when they reveal they choose a Hologram deliberately to annoy Lister, as that was what was needed to keep him sane.

After about five minutes I thought "crikey, he looks a bit slow".

I was of course wrong. He was a lot slow.

Our direct replacement for Alex Rae.

Sorry…couldn’t resist.

In my defence I saw him rip Sheffield Wednesday apart with goals from 2 feet out.

I think if we hadn't signed Dawson, we'd have gone down. I'm normally quite dismissive of the need for "Premier League experience", but he was the perfect signing. Only just gone 33 so hopeful he'll be good for another couple of years too.

I think Joao Gomes will be with us until Summer 2025 at the absolute best, will go for £70m+, spend the rest of his career at elite level, and be in the team of the tournament at the '26 World Cup. I'm not even joking. Kid is an absolute phenomenon. Also, it does come across on the telly, but I think it's just that Alan's a bit racist so that's why he doesn't rate him

I just want to be cautious with the optimism! Some of us thought Neto could be better than Jota… Like I said, a lot of shit can happen.

I think he’s brilliant so far. Still plan on his name and number for my next shirt (although Lemina #5 is hard to pass up).

Phew, I was worried that zinger was going to get lost in all the Lopetegui concern in the other threads!

The premise is signing of the season so I would also say Dawson, followed by Lemina. They have had the greatest impact on our season. I do think Gomes is the best signing by some distance, mind - we'll see that next season and hopefully beyond.

Dawson followed closely by Lemina. Gomes could be the next coming of Neves (and he should be) but the first two were integral to our form change this season. Nunes doesn't look being able to use us as the stepping stone he supposedly wanted and the only thing want to talk less about than Sasa's 45 minute cameo is whatever the fuck Guedes did.

Dawson at least proves there are good, reliable players out there that can fit in and not cause the FFP house of cards to crumble.

Dawson at least proves there are good, reliable players out there that can fit in and not cause the FFP house of cards to crumble.
And this is the key point here. People scoff at the idea of signing the likes of Dawson & Lemina, because they’re not ‘exciting’ enough. But the reality is, every squad needs players like that.

There are lots of players out there with similar profiles that would improve us immediately & I’m all for it if that’s how we are to conduct our transfer business moving forward, with a nice blend of exciting prospects like Gomes thrown in on top.

Back