• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Aye, been in there a few times (not lately though). Surprised they had it in there though. As for the chaos, I heard it was a nightmare due to all the cancellations?

It was ridiculous - my train was the first one stopped before the Hawthorns - sat there for 45 minutes before heading back to Jewellery Quarter where everyone had to get off. (I found refuge in a rather nice although very expensive ale pub). Then walked back to Brum as the buses were chocker. Waited in Brum only to be told the trains wouldn't be running at all for the rest of the night, so went to the pub, had a steak and a beer before attempting to get the number 9 home. It was 40 minutes late, and took over 2 hours to get to Stourbridge because of the bastard Tories' conference and other roadworks blocking the roads. Got home just after midnight.

Ouch. A friend of mine rode back and couldn't believe how bad the traffic was.

Talking of the Briar Rose - it's one of those Wetherspoons pubs that REALLY looks after their ales. Well worth a visit.
Used to go in there quite a lot as it was one of the first non-smoking Wetherspoons.

Heads up for Leffe fans, just seen the lesser spotted Nectar and Ruby on the shelves in Asda.

Guess what I'm drinking later?

I'm currently ignoring leffe as I am in bruges and here there are far more interesting options. But I have tried the nectar and the ruby and I prefer the nectar.

I'm currently ignoring leffe as I am in bruges and here there are far more interesting options. But I have tried the nectar and the ruby and I prefer the nectar.

Is there a TWF meet up happening there or something? Jack Regan is there tonight too
You guys aren't hit men are you?

Nice as Leffe is, I've found some of the less obvious Belgian stuff to make it seem almost ordinary. Imagine that...

Nice as Leffe is, I've found some of the less obvious Belgian stuff to make it seem almost ordinary. Imagine that...

I've just had 2 de garre from staminee de garre, it's 11% but you wouldn't think it. They limit you to 3 of them to be on the safe side. Coming back today, a pint after the match Saturday won't seem the same for a game or two.

Orkney - Dark Island. First time I've had it from a cask. Very nice.

Orkney's Dark Island and Red MacGregor are incredible brews if you can get them fresh.

Back