• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bellend commentators

I wish I could do the same, the man just never ever shuts up, babbling on constantly about nothing. Like earlier with the number of VARs on duty at Stockley Park, when it's the same for every game where VAR is operating.

He's an average radio commentator on TV without applying the differences required between the two mediums

It's really weird because although Matterface is pretty much universally loathed and I have a very low tolerance for commentators in general but he never bothers me.

He never says anything worth hearing but I tend to forget he's there TBH. Nowhere near as intrusive as Tyldesley.
Yeah same. I occasionally hear him trying to a pre-written load of drivel like Peter Drury but usually he's just bland and unnoticeable.

It's really weird because although Matterface is pretty much universally loathed and I have a very low tolerance for commentators in general but he never bothers me.

He never says anything worth hearing but I tend to forget he's there TBH. Nowhere near as intrusive as Tyldesley.
I'm with you here.

That game with him and McCoist at Anfield against us was sickening as you say.

Yep treated us like we were San Marino rocking up at Wembley for WCQ, basically we should just be glad to share the same field as Liverpool let alone compete.

Clive Tyldsley doing any game is the most vomit inducing thing ever, it’s just patronising.

Fixed for you.

He's got the most annoying, piercing voice that makes him impossible to not notice.

He ruins even the most entertaining of matches

Watching the big match revisited Hugh Johns seemed a very good on comms. Martin Tyler wasn’t to bad in his Granada TV days also. Brian Moore always remained legendary.

Brian Moore maybe went a year or two too long but was very good.

Motson was pap for at least 20 years before he finally quit. Try listening to his stuff from the 2002 World Cup, it's surreally bad.

Later on he decided that all foreign players with an "A" in their name were pronounced "Ar", so we got the constant "DDA Drogbar" but also during Euro 2008 the lesser spotted "Sergio Rahrmos" playing for Spain.

In fact of one Motson's most famous lines makes no sense at all.

"The Crazy Gang have beaten the Culture Club". In 1988.

Yeah, the Crazy Gang, that's Vinnie Jones, John Fashanu and Wimbledon, I get that.

But who were they playing?

Option A:

ormskirkfc-gallery-99cfeuukr8w5y_6b4c1865035558fba556c85e2e58238b.jpg

Or Option B:

latest

It would only work if there were a bit of a rough and ready band called "The Crazy Gang" then :D

Yeah, the Crazy Gang, that's Vinnie Jones, John Fashanu and Wimbledon, I get that.

Option A:

Or Option B:

latest

It would only work if there were a bit of a rough and ready band called "The Crazy Gang" then :D
As in the Italian project of disco glamour, dance and fun created by the fervid imagination of Carlo Bixio, owner, among other things, with the brother composer Franco Bixio?

Option A:

Or Option B:

latest

I think you’re overthinking this!

Back