• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Best England Cricket XI - 1978 to 2020

Vaughan
Bell
Trott

Didn't see enough of Gower sadly.

Trott
Gower
Hussain

Vaughan's batting position percentage in Tests - Average is in brackets
Opening 49% (45)
3 26% (40)
4 20% (33)
6 4% (36)
7 1%

I was picking him in the middle order, but that doesn't really stack up

So the best WK , well isn't!

The thread is for the best England team. You'll be grateful he was picked when the bowlers consist of Tuffnell, Anderson, Malcom and Willis!

Vaughan's batting position percentage in Tests - Average is in brackets
Opening 49% (45)
3 26% (40)
4 20% (33)
6 4% (36)
7 1%

I was picking him in the middle order, but that doesn't really stack up

Considering he had the burden of captaincy at 3 I'd say it was a good effort. He's not getting in anywhere else in the line up. I think that Gower was Captain too at 3.

Considering he had the burden of captaincy at 3 I'd say it was a good effort. He's not getting in anywhere else in the line up. I think that Gower was Captain too at 3.
Nasser was as well as he famously told Willis and Agnew during a ODI against India

Nasser was as well as he famously told Willis and Agnew during a ODI against India

Your selection made me check and you are correct. I'm not sure the % of his batting at 3 with the captaincy though. Mark Butcher was there for quite a while during Nassers reign.

Your selection made me check and you are correct. I'm not sure the % of his batting at 3 with the captaincy though. Mark Butcher was there for quite a while during Nassers reign.
Don't have as captain, although his average was 36, but overall percenage by position breakdown as per the Vaughan one.
3 38 (41)
4 48 (37)
5 6 (28)
6 2 (24)
7 4 (24)
8 1 (47)

I don’t mind Trott at 3 but it means that they’ll be carnage over the selections for 4 & 5. My fear is that Gower will be overlooked which will be a travesty.

Going to have to hope that the those older posters not picking him at 3 are saving him for 4.

I have got him in. Best we can do is fight against the pups who missed a truly fine batsman.

Back