• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham City v Wolves: The Verdict Thread

Not saying we shouldn't add more, just that I think it's not as crucial as we may have believed.

Worth remembering that we've had a very gentle start, any half decent team would fancy our first seven games on paper. Ipswich are the only one out of the four so far who I think will even finish in the top half.

Of course you can only beat who you're up against and we failed to beat some atrocious shite last year.

The squad still needs adding to, we need a couple of defenders and a striker. When everyone is back we have quite a strong squad though now and a manger that looks like he's going to get the best out of them.
This for me too, but when is willo gonna be fit? So maybe one cb in is enough? Do we need another body at LB, maybe.. Agree on another striker.. Wouldn't complain on another cm or acm

Willo won't play for us again. (No ITK stuff just a guess based on his lack of squad number. If he was due back this side of Xmas he would have one)

I'd like us to get a new CB and LB, maybe a RW (like Campbell), but like I said, IMO it's all gravy at this point.

Willo won't play for us again. (No ITK stuff just a guess based on his lack of squad number. If he was due back this side of Xmas he would have one)
Cheers, top signing then :)

Shit happens and the club has moved forward a lot. Sure we can cope with the loss.
Aye, I'm not crying today.. What a performance and exciting times ahead :)

Worth remembering that we've had a very gentle start, any half decent team would fancy our first seven games on paper. Ipswich are the only one out of the four so far who I think will even finish in the top half.

Of course you can only beat who you're up against and we failed to beat some atrocious $#@!e last year.

I remember someone mentioning how we had ten points this time last season as well and look how that ended up? As Zenga and...just about everyone else everywhere has said it's a marathon, not a sprint!

It seems Zenga's going to be doing quite a bit of rotation though based on the games so far and his comments after the game today.

Not last season we didn't, took us seven games to get eight points.

Plenty of teams have had good starts and ended up nowhere. I'd rather have the points all the same though.

Essentially though you can't look at these first four games and conclude that we're in for a top six challenge without bothering to add anyone else, we won't if we don't.

I think this is a very good start considering we aren't even playing our best team.. I'm sure there will be 1-3 more arrivals before the windows closes.. Very pleased

Clearly we're still short on both numbers and quality. A good central defender, a striker and a full back a minimum I think. An attacking midfielder would be nice as well.
But pretty good first half and unlucky to be behind at the break with a well deserved win by the end. Oh and Doherty played well.

We've definitely been fortunate with the first set of games, it has definitely helped. However, Zenga has made a very good job of it and as many have said with two quality players returning from injuries and more signings things look promising.

I remember someone mentioning how we had ten points this time last season as well and look how that ended up? As Zenga and...just about everyone else everywhere has said it's a marathon, not a sprint!

It seems Zenga's going to be doing quite a bit of rotation though based on the games so far and his comments after the game today.
No, we got 10 points from the corresponding fixtures last season

No, we got 10 points from the corresponding fixtures last season

Yes but we have played better in three if the four games than we did last year and have had more efforts in three of the four games. Ipswich nullified us and we were tired. Our one nil win against Reading in Dec was little short of robbery

We've definitely been fortunate with the first set of games, it has definitely helped. However, Zenga has made a very good job of it and as many have said with two quality players returning from injuries and more signings things look promising.

Didn't Walter say we are having our pre season later than everyone else and are playing catch up on the other teams. It will be interesting to see what we are like when all the pieces of the jigsaw are in place.

Best away game for a while. Nice to leave with a smile on your face.

Plenty of beers in town before the game. Not much sign of bother although heavy police presence.

Always forget it's long way up to the ground. Especially without a toilet stop.

The Wolves end was packed and by kickoff it had become a sit where you want game.

People talk of fearing the turn right after the game. But yesterday it was brilliant seeing the home fans faces of the ones that were still around by the final whistle.

Reading this, if you swap Ken and Saunders for Rowett and Clark you're pretty close to how we felt last season.

Two wins in 17 games in all competitions.

No home win in eight league games – in those games we’ve taken three points, scored nine goals and conceded 14 goals. Our last home win was March 3rd.

I can already hear people calling me fickle for daring to question their v-necked messiah after only four games this season. I’ve been called “the most pessimistic Blues fan online” – hell, someone even suggested I belonged to the mob across the expressway. If them’s not fighting words…

The thing is, this isn’t limited to this season. For a long stretch at the back end of last season Blues were poor. They were pedestrian, they were uninventive. Of course, Blues have rarely if ever played like Brazil in my lifetime, but it got more and more painful to watch them last season.

I’m not saying Gary Rowett should be sacked; far from it. What I am saying though is if we’d won two games in 17 in all competitions under Clark people would be livid. If we’d not won at home in eight league games in all comps under Clark people would be calling for his head.

Paul Caddis bombed from the team (admittedly, I think it’s possible he’s pulled a David Edgar), a reliance on effort over effervescence, a lone striker ploughing a lone furrow… it’s all grist to the mill but because Rowett isn’t from the East End of Newcastle, some people think he’s worthy of a free pass.

Being better than Lee Clark isn’t much of an achievement.

Really good win over B'ham and feeling happy at the moment.

IMO Bodvarsson was MOM. The guy is class.

Good games from Wallace and Doherty

Havent walked away from an away ground with a cheesey smile on my face like that for ages. One thing that I loved yesterday was all the death threats 'Outside fatty I'll kill you' threats. Its like eating a nice greasy kebab, so satisfying. :)

Back