• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham City v Wolves: The Verdict Thread

well first time i have seen wolves live in in absolute age.

Midfield looked sloppy in the first half and seemed to give blouses far too much space and time in front of our box.
Second half was from another planet.
Great goal from Mason, who just needs to make better decisions when to pass and when to shoot, one example in the second half where he shot from an angle with three men square an unmarked in the box.

Wallace was brilliant up and down the left side all game, never gave blouses right side any peace. I thought the quality of Price's corners was massive, "on a tanner" as we oldies used to say, and was surprised to see subbed and not Edwards who is simply a runner as far as i'm concerned.

As for BOD, i was seriously impressed, the link went down so i missed his goal, but his control and touches in tight spaces were superb, and his sheer willingness to run and bring others into the game is to be highly admired.

Credit to Walter, for the kick up the arse at half time, and for resting Tex in a game where he would most likely have been kicked off the park.

I must say i liked what i saw of Shotton (i think) the Blouses black central defender, worth a sniff? or was it a one off for him?.

4edbd43ca4c1089b461497cf134c330d.jpg

The best thing we did was getting rid of McDonald. Our midfielders are finally starting to come into their own.

I must say i liked what i saw of Shotton (i think) the Blouses black central defender, worth a sniff? or was it a one off for him?.

Just signed him from Derby who they got from Stoke. Spent most of his career as a iffy right back with a long throw. Scored against us at Derby when they humped us a couple of seasons ago. Definitely not better than what we have at centre half.

What did he do?

He was pumped up so much it looked like he was going to explode, or murder someone. You could just see how much it meant to him, pure unbridled passion. Love him already, the difference he has made here is phenomenal.

What a goal Joe Mason! And the third wasn't bad either.

Great turnaround again. Hopefully (as there was a stream) there will be some full highlights I can find somewhere as it sounds like a brilliant second half performance. Players belief slowly coming back after such a horrible past year.

Loving the scenes at the end of the game too!

Quirk's just posted a video on FB of the players coming over to the away fans at full time, and Zenga drops to his knees and gives it the whole 'We're not worthy' bow.

What a legend. Starting to fall for him. I had hesitations when he was announced as gaffer, but based on what I've seen so far, he is a quality leader, he's got the players playing to their full potential and he's not afraid to make the big changes when needed.

Compare it to last season when we were chasing a 0-1 and everyone could clearly see that changes needed to be made, and Ken would make 1 substitution in the 89th minute.....

Despite obvious limitations, give me Coady over Edwards any day, the latter was completely anonymous.

Great win though! Lovely second half display.

Out all afternoon & not somewhere I could follow the action at all - very happy to see the result etc. now I'm back

Zenga is impressing me with his passion & ability to adjust the team & the game plan & appears to have more than one of them which is a novelty.

It's strange not having anything to moan about after a game... :icon_lol:

Really pleased to see Wallace have a good game, I was starting to lose a bit of patience with him. He's shown he's capable of performances like this in flashes but never really put a run together. Hopefully he can kick on from here and become a really big player for us.

What a signing Jon Dadi is. He is everywhere, he's a willing runner, ruffles feathers in the air, got a great touch and can see a ball on before it gets to him and he can finish.

That was an excellent day, we were absolutely immense in the second half. I thought we were decent in the first half but just lacked a cutting edge and a bit of tempo but second half that was completely different. I'll put a full verdict up later but Wallace was class, best player on the pitch and Mason was awful first half but very good in the second.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star · 2h2 hours ago

Best thing today was seeing that team-fan bond fully restored after the apathy of last year. It's quite a sight to behold when in full flow.

Well said that man.

Back